Looking for pearl "Tin Necklace"

R

RobInMD

Hi there,

I'm looking for a pearl necklace in the "Tin Necklace" style for my wife. It's her favorite style of pearl necklace, so your typical strands aren't an option. Can someone recommend a place to buy one of these? It needs to be in white gold and my absolute price limit would be around $1000. I've found this website offering a Mikimoto Tin Cup necklace, but I'm a bit skeptical since little information is provided about the necklace and I'm not familiar with the jewler. http://www.site.yahoo.com/mednikowgifts/mitcupenein1.html

Thanks,
Robert

Tin-Cup Style

Tin-Cup Style

Hi Robert,

We custom make tin-cup style necklaces for our customers. It takes about 48 hours, and we can do them in white gold with any size of chain as well as any size and quality of pearl. Just give us a call for a price quote. 1-866-673-3036.

Number of pearls for tin cup necklace?

Number of pearls for tin cup necklace?

Hi there again,

So what's a good number of pearls for a tin cup necklace if the necklace is 18" and the pearl size is 8mm? Is there usually a minimum and maximum number of pearls this type of necklace would have? What about necklace strength is 14k or is 18k preferred?

I plan on calling some of you guys soon about a price. :)

thanks again,
Robert

We typically do tin cups with an odd number of pearls. It's aesthetically more pleasing because you want one pearl to fit right in the middle of the neck. You can determine the number of pearls by the size of the pearl. When the pearls are smaller (ie: 7.5-8mm), you may want to go with 11 or 13 pearls. If you are working with larger pearls, a smaller number may be more suitable depending on the look you are going for. The length of the necklace is also a determining factor in the number of pearls you choose. If you want the necklace to be a choker, you will want to go with fewer pearls and vice versa.

Back