keep these freshadamas?

the above comment/question was for Moneymeister (sorry I missed page 2)

BWeaves, are your hanadamas natural? or the white variety (with rose)? I don't think there are much in way of metallic freshwater out there... what I do like about freshwater is that they're more like the original natural pearls (before they were farmed out).. That's why I did start with the natural hanadamas but returned as they were too white for me; these freshadamas are also white but a better price point...

When you say "he showed you these," was it online or in person? I think it's hard to be sure online, even though I know purchases are done that way all the time, and many times at great success... but it can be hit and miss.. and lots of sending back and forth....

I looked at the pearls on instagram. We were just chatting and I asked (just curious) what he might have. He showed me the picture I posted. It was Andrew from Moline pearls. I wasn't worried about going back and fourth. I had plenty of pictures and these were my second pair from him. But I was just really pointing out I and much happier buying what I wanted rather than keeping something I did not really love.

I agree with you...you can have "Meh" in almost anything but not in jewelry you will wear (unless it has something that gives it an emotional punch, then it is no longer a "meh" thing). Those golden pearls are luscious!!!

the above comment/question was for Moneymeister (sorry I missed page 2)

BWeaves, are your hanadamas natural? or the white variety (with rose)? I don't think there are much in way of metallic freshwater out there... what I do like about freshwater is that they're more like the original natural pearls (before they were farmed out).. That's why I did start with the natural hanadamas but returned as they were too white for me; these freshadamas are also white but a better price point...

I have natural white Hanadamas (the color is natural white, the pearls are cultured) which have amazing pink and green overtones. I have pinked Hanadamas. I have white Freshadamas (no pink or silver or ivory to them). I have baroque akoyas (very round, but rival my pinked Hanadamas in color and overtones). I have metallic freshwaters which are amazing, but definitely not round, more slightly drop shaped.

If I had my pearls to do over again, I would search out metallic freshwaters and baroque akoyas. They seem to come and go in batches, so you have to grab them when you see them. They are not always available.

I agree with you...you can have "Meh" in almost anything but not in jewelry you will wear (unless it has something that gives it an emotional punch, then it is no longer a "meh" thing). Those golden pearls are luscious!!!

Thank you. If I had a rewind button on my collecting, I would have bought just a few things and loved them much more. Life is just too short for bad/so-so/bland pearls. I look at these gold pearls every day and smile inside.

A beautiful Cortez pearl will come soon!

Last edited:
Absolutely! Far too many compromise strands in my jewelry box just gathering dust. Be choosy and only buy what you love!

Back