It isn't easy being green

JerseyPearl

Some beautiful earrings that I made for a friend...these two pearls came from my recent purchase of a pastel lot from Jacques. I held back these two because they are a terrific match. Please forgive the finger prints on the pearls... IMG_3935.jpgIMG_3938.jpg

These are absolutely stunning, such a beautiful, deep green!

Are these from Jac's AAA/AA+ pastel mix lot that he usually has listed on etsy? Or were they a special order?

These are absolutely stunning, such a beautiful, deep green!

Are these from Jac's AAA/AA+ pastel mix lot that he usually has listed on etsy? Or were they a special order?

I buy pearls in sorted lots from Jacques...not sure if these are the same as offered on Etsy. They are from a lot of near round light mix pastels, AAA/AA+

And wow, those fingerprints (look like blurred lines on the pearls)

Oh wow, that's a gorgeous pair!

They are seriously mesmerising. And great idea re the large backings.

I find 'pastel' a very confusing descriptor for pearls. I always imagine soft pastel colours - soft and delicate pinks, blues, greens etc but often the pearls appear darker or deeper. For instance, I would describe this pair as bright, deep green. I absolutely love them but I wouldn't call them pastel. What do you think?

They are seriously mesmerising. And great idea re the large backings.

I find 'pastel' a very confusing descriptor for pearls. I always imagine soft pastel colours - soft and delicate pinks, blues, greens etc but often the pearls appear darker or deeper. For instance, I would describe this pair as bright, deep green. I absolutely love them but I wouldn't call them pastel. What do you think?

I agree...although I think this may be a great subject for the CPAA pearls course! This particular pair I would consider to have a medium green body color with a darker overtone of blue (outer halo) and pink (inner eye). Those are my made up descriptors and not necessarily the way they should be described...but a rose is a rose, right? (BTW, my iPhone does have a pink case, which seems to be reflected...however, the pink remains on the middle field when viewed directly.)

Very very greenly gorgeous Jersey Pearl! Bigger backs make all the difference, and you have a lucky friend :)

Beautiful green. And I'm also confused. It would not seem pastel to me.
And thanks for the butterfly back tip. I was just thinking about big backs

These were part of a much larger lot of pearls that I purchased (around 100 of them, give or take). Any time you buy in a lot, there are pearls that can seem a tad different when viewed outside of that lot. I usually buy pearls in lots, then sort them myself into smaller lots for use in various projects. The smallest lot I've purchased was 17 (white round Tahitians)...and I almost set these with two white pearls...but my friend really wanted them as studs, so that's how they ended up this way.

Yes, they must stay together, so pretty JP.

I must comment about earring backs too. I don't mount my own earrings.

I love: FireMountain Gem
Earnut, 14K Gold Filled Yellow Swirl 9mm Daisy

I love this earring back so much I have a pair on every Freshwater and Tahitian pearl studs from 10mm to 14.5mm

It is so worth the money around $11, it fits so well on all my studs and hold the pearl close to ear.
I also have tried the sterling version 9mm Daisy Swirl, but I don't like as well. The hole seems larger compared to the 14k Gold Filled.

http://www.firemountaingems.com/itemdetails/h207813fd

Earnut-14Kt-gold-filled-9mm-round-daisy-Sold-per-pair---p7813fdb.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, they must stay together, so pretty JP.

I must comment about earring backs too. I don't mount my own earrings.

I love: FireMountain Gem
Earnut, 14K Gold Filled Yellow Swirl 9mm Daisy

I love this earring back so much I have a pair on every Freshwater and Tahitian pearl studs from 10mm to 14.5mm

It is so worth the money around $11, it fits so well on all my studs and hold the pearl close to ear.
I also have tried the sterling version 9mm Daisy Swirl, but I don't like as well. The hole seems larger compared to the 14k Gold Filled.

http://www.firemountaingems.com/itemdetails/h207813fd

View attachment 45208
Just need a few people to go together to buy 50 and the price drops to half :)

Back