I'm not even a "Lowly Beader"...yet...

Valeria101 said:
Those should make a cascade of a necklace! Any chance to see them being worn... ;)
I refuse to post picture of me here....but maybe my daughter will allowe me to "drape this creation" over her neck and do the photo.

Caitlin Williams said:
Hi Ivona
I think the Gem Show in Tucson every feb is the best place to shop for beads and pearls and I am currently saving for that event.
...HMMM... TUSCON... Far away from Canada. Maybe next year...
Check out these guys. I am fairly sure they are both reliable online sources of many shapes, sizes and colors. They both go to China to buy.

http://www.integritypearls.com/

http://stores.ebay.com/Pearl-Emporium
...Thanks, I'll check them out

Luscious!

Luscious!

Hi Imanit,
I so admire your work- your necklaces have rhythm, grace and versatility... yum! Only wish I could see them "in pearl-person"!

BTW you might enjoy the work of the artist who has a site called Priceless Imperfection- Zara Scoville. She also works in wire.

Now, if only I could find this sort of pearl piece for sale. I'm so longing for pieces like yours that I've enrolled for my first pearl-stringing workshop next week. Those Forum members host retail sites, please consider there's a demand for these exuberant styles as well as the strands.

Kathleen Conway said:
Hi Imanit,

BTW you might enjoy the work of the artist who has a site called Priceless Imperfection- Zara Scoville. She also works in wire.

I checked her site. I like her creations very much. They are repetitive as far as design goes, but I like her style. Thanks for the tip!!

Ivona

Might this be the place to confess to a beading weakness? ;)

Tina Koyama

Clearly, her style is only partially pearl-friendly with all the free-hand weaving involved, but where there are pearls, they fall in place pretty darn well: e.g. THIS :cool: How on Earth? These things seem so difficult!

Pink_W.jpg

And this !!!! Looks to me like a needlework..... Not for me - hate needles... Very exciting shape - but what one can do with it ????

Right - that one is not meant to fit anywhere to be worn: it is one of the sculptures ... The wearable pieces seem normal enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I "re-did" my funny pearls necklace...

I "re-did" my funny pearls necklace...

As Valeria101 suggested, it does look good with ammolite clasp. I bought a stone, did my first wire wrapped piece.... I'm happy with result, even if it's far from professional job... I also took out some Swarovski. There was too much "bling-bling" for me...
Here it is:
S-5.jpg

7-S.jpg

1-S.jpg

Oh, my! So...it does work! :cool:

Wire wrapping.... was forever somewhere on my list of things to try too, especially I was hoping to try some familiar weaving and flat knot patterns with thin wire. Unfortunately, they'd have to wait - the most I can do for now realistically is write about unfulfilled craft aspirations :eek: The knotting sure is fun, the annealing required by free-standing knots - a kitchen trashing b&$%c!
Frustration aside... I wanted to share a cute lil' site teaching a type of wire-wrap used in-lieu of bezels; something that your ammolite clasp reminded me of. Their explanation worked pretty well for me, although I might have looked over others as well.

And one more - some 'pod' patterns: LINK
[and while on Amy O'Connell site, you might want to take a look at the Sculpture gallery] ;)

Trying things out definitely taught me some healthy respect for the makers of such things: it definitely takes diligently applied attention, time, patience... as much as anything I do. Maybe one day...

I'm a little late posting my rave reviews of your work. Sorry! My invitation to the LBC arrived late. Excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT! Wire wrapping is one of those things I do -- not very well, mind you, and it's not as soothing to my inner beader as knotting, but we all can't be masters, now can we. If we were, who would be there to applaud? I commend your talent!

Hello again,
Browsing through older posts I found this one of mine.
I changed some of the "masterpieces" of mine since I posted proudly those first images. I have tendency of reworking them from time to time. One that I "improved is my Tahitian on silver. now it looks like this:

S0003.jpg

and I made a bracelet to go with it...

S02 (1).jpg

Wowee,
That is beautiful, Ivona.
I love it.

They're all so fabulous! I'd love to wear any of them. Congratulations:)

I love pictures, so keep them coming!

Cheers,
Blaire

Back