How would you tassel this tassel?

battah

Thanks to Lady Disdain's post, I've become a bit obsessed with making tassels. I just completed this little guy, using one half of a pair of silver jhumka earrings I had on hand. The question now is, should I make a matching one with the other earrings (I have enough little rice pearls left), or do I use different gemstone beads? I have a lot of garnet beads... Pearl would go with more things, and the matched pair would be cute at either end of a long necklace. But a complementary but not matching piece would be fun, too? And garnets are grand? I'm trying to use up what I have and avoid buying new beads, but laboradite (laboradorite?) would be great as well.

Decisions, decisions...

20160613_222025-600x800.jpg

I'd make another pearl one and have one on each end of a long rope. Then go ahead and make a garnet one for good measure! I would rig up the top of the tassel or the ends of the rope so they can be detachable/interchangeable.

I'd make another pearl one and have one on each end of a long rope. Then go ahead and make a garnet one for good measure! I would rig up the top of the tassel or the ends of the rope so they can be detachable/interchangeable.

More is more, I like how you think! I used enhancer bails on the tassels I've made so far, so I can attach/detach them easily. Definitely a good idea! I'm going to order some more tassel/bead caps soon so I can make more, I'm thinking I need a black spinel one, too.

Very nicely done! It looks like the bottom of the tassels are knotted...did you use glue to secure? Or a thread zapper?

Thanks! I used a thread zapper, it seemed like it melted them together pretty well (I used Beader's Secret). I wanted to do each thread separately so if something came loose I'd only lose one tassel string instead of the whole thing coming undone.

Back