Gold clasps

Rebecka

I wasn't quite sure where to start this thread, so my apologies if I chose the wrong category.
Does anyone know where I could buy gold clasps for pearl necklaces/bracelets in Europe? It has to be solid 14k or 18k.

Wendy from Pearlescence could help you out I'm sure, she's in the UK or maybe one of our other forum members in Europe .. we have a couple up your way. Give a couple of days for them to see this post , I'm sure someone over there can help you. If you have a particular type of clasp in mind it would be good to have a photo of the style you want...

Katbran, thanks, I will wait patiently for my fellow Europeans to respond :)

Wendy, I don't have a particular style in mind, but I'd love to have a few different options. It just has to be solid 14k or 18k gold. I want to change the clasp on my pearl necklace, and my mum also needs to change three clasps on her necklaces/bracelets because they are in silver and she can't wear silver (which then leads to her not wearing the necklaces/bracelets very often).

Mostly the problem with not wearing silver is due to non EU compliant silver with nickel in it - it is the nickel which causes the problems. Mostly clasps from some suppliers in America where nickel is still allowed and used by some manufacturers or older items which were sold before the rule came in in 1994
Your mother could also consider vermeil - 18ct gold plating onto silver.
We stock all such.

She has tried and she still gets a reaction, so that's why she prefers to go with solid gold. It would be so much easier if this wasn't the case.

Back