Found a rare pearl (i think) what is it worth?

princepumba

Hello everyone,

My name is Nick and on Sunday I found a lavender pearl in my clam. I believe from my day of research that it is a Quahog Pearl
Below I'm going to post the pictures and you guys can tell me what you think its worth. To me I think it would look great on a ring since it has a flat bottom. My measurements are an estimated 13mm x 11.5mm x 9 mm.
photo (13).jpgphoto (12).jpgphoto (11).jpgphoto (10).jpg

Beautiful! And a great size and shape for your purpose.

These quahog pearls are found now and then (never by me, alas)-- if you search the P-G site, you will find similar threads (but your pearl is nicer than some I've seen.)

I think you will find that it is a great conversation piece but that there is no significant market value.

Thank you for your response Pearl Dreams. I see that many other people say to put them on ebay and hope for a bidding war and sites like karipearls.com are astronomical prices. Do you think that this pearl is worth maybe a couple of hundred dollars to the right person? Thanks agian - Nick

Oh yes, you found a beauty and in a ring you could just sit and enjoy it's loveliness. Reminds me of a tiny ripe fig :)

Back