Found a large purple quahog pearl

JDESIGN

Found purple/lavender quahog pearl. Anyone know how to appraise one? I seen similar pearls online for quite a bit of money. Not sure if this one compares because I don't know much about them. Anyone have any idea where or who I could speak to about it? I live in Rhode Island, USA. Thank you.

Can you post a photo? We would love to see it. Try a white background, such as a paper towel so we can see the color. Thanks!

You could talk to Kari Pearls: http://www.karipearls.com/ or The Pearl Collector: http://www.thepearlcollector.com/

Personally, I would not go by asking prices on either of these websites. The quahogs Kari Pearls have up for sale are at what I would consider astronomical prices and the fact that they've sat for years unsold reflect that. The Pearl Collector prices I believe are more reflective of actual market pricing, though still a bit on the high side.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

I'd love to post my photos but I do not see an attachment button or link of any kind on my end. The interface doesn't show anything for images. I am on my iPhone. Is it different in desktop? Thank you.

I guess you can only upload images on the full site. No mobile! ��. Anyway here are the photos I took a little while back. Not against white but I can post more later. image.jpg. image.jpg. image.jpg

Cool pearl! Looks like a really nice color and shape. How big is it? Can you photograph next to a coin to put it in perspective?

There actually are folks here who upload from a mobile phone, but as I still have a dumb phone, I don't know how to instruct you.

When you click on "Go Advanced" what do you see? On my iMac I see a button that says "Manage Attachments". Clicking on that brings up a window I use to select and upload images.

A coin for size comparison is a great idea. Was this found in a cooked clam? I notice that it isn't very glossy - the shinier, the more valuable, but it is very cool and the color banding is especially interesting.

Back