Delicacies of the roundness

Thank you, BWeaves, and if you have any critics, please, don't avoid to tell me them! "Vieux rose" colour, as we say in frensh : I have chosen to put a small light for a better look of carving, but maybe more would be right, also, to show natural brightness of the pearl. Good balance to do with light is difficult.

How bout carve them into something or with pattern. Such as carve them into flower patterns or leaf patterns or carve them horizontally or maybe vertically or turn them into like mini earth with all of its continents. Basically you are doing mini bas relief righ? Try something else beside the slithering abstracts you've been doing.

Good remark, Asurazzy : I have tried to carve figurative patterns (I am naturalist painter and carver, so everything you suggest is not a problem for me), but, in fact, game of light inside nacre scramble the draw and, at last, you don't see what it's meaning. Ordinary nacre carving is different : work notch nacre througth their layers, to switch off any brightness where nacre is carved. So, figurative patterns can be readen, but pearl loose a lot of shining. In my carving way, I keep the most of carved nacre layers in right plan to preserve brightness, it's very different than any other manners. At last, I must tell you that I am also art's calligrapher, and I like create such patterns looking like calligraphies... That is an old Fb page of mine, to show you a little what I mean:
https://www.facebook.com/calligraphin/

Last edited:
My photo was such wrong, I have mounted the pearl to make a better.
As today was sunny (it's becoming rare), I took advantage to photograph two other carved pearls.

Ripples strand PP
Fireball earrings Wen Peals

SOC pearl Kojima

mistmatched Raystar loose tahitians

Last edited:
Back