Can someone recommend an online pearl seller? I'm looking for quality freshwater...

Care Ehret is a fine seller of unusual pearls. Many of us found her before we found Pearl-guide. She knows the value of her pearls, but she does not disappoint in anything I have bought from her.

The pearls I've gotten are gorgeous. I just want more and waiting for her auctions is hard. LOL I missed a gorgeous strand a week ago. :( I need to find my own source.

How do I get a resellers license? I have a tax id number for another
Company but it has nothing to do with jewelry.

It can be called other things like a business or a tax license. It must be for jewelry, though. Here in AZ, you can get one online for $10.00. It shouldn't be too much different in GA.

Carolyn is responsible for leading many of us forum members deeper into pearl addiction, lol! You can contact her through the ebay system and ask if she has more pearls similar and how much they would cost. Give her your direct email. There was just the big gem show in Tucson, so she may have lots of stock.

There just isn't any perfect anything-you-want-always available source. Wish there was!! I have purchased unfinished graded strands from Pearl Paradise and The Pearl Outlet. It's great to have their excellent quality pearls, that don't have to be picked over and rearranged and sorted, like I must do with the cheaper strands from other sources. It's a real time saver to have quality pearls!

The "Gem Faire" that puts on shows 3-4 times a year on the west coast has 2 hours Friday morning for wholesale only (credentials required) but then is open to the public. Some vendors prices are the same for all, others discount for large purchases. I'd say it can vary quite a bit, and usually you can politely negotiate.

Intergem, or International Gem and Jewelry Show may also come to your city. Good luck!

Prices, quality and availability vary from show to show, vendor to vendor.

Back