can anyone out there help me - I have been looking for help for 6 months

queenbeecanada

Hi - I bought these pearls from a estate lot and I have rubbed them on my teeth -absolutely horrible feeling - very rough like I was scratching my teeth - icky icky feeling - they are stamped on clasp with 14kt and they are double knotted - they look real but I have no idea and I cannot afford to get ripped off - yet again - so if anyone out there can tell me what to look for I will
thank you

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 38
Hi queenbeecanada,

Generally speaking the tooth test indicates real nacre if they are gritty (but even imitation pearls can feel a bit gritty if they are dirty!)
A 14K clasp, combined with their round shape and smaller size make me think they are probably cultured akoya pearls.

But the photos are washed out and out of focus, so it is hard to say. Imitation pearls can be very round and any size. Clasps can be changed.

Can you take some more photos for us?
Lay the pearls on a white paper towel and don't use flash-- just use natural light, such as near an open door.
If your camera has a close focus setting (the little flower icon) then take at least one photo of a few pearls close up.

Include at least one photo of any surface blemishes and if you can take a close photo near a drill hole, that will help also.

Thank You

Thank You

I am so sorry for taking this long just to find my pictures and the reply from the site - Thank You So Much

I will take requested pictures as best I can and upload - again - thank you for helping me out

Back