Broome

starsinthesea

Hi everyone,
A friend of mine is travelling to Australia and intends to stay in Broome for several days. Isn't there a pearl farm that can be visited? Or is there anything else "pearl-related" that can be done in or close to Broome? Any ideas or thoughts are welcome :)

I haven't been to Broome but a quick Google search brought up Willie Creek Pearl Farm. There is also a historic pearl luggers tour that looks interesting and the price is reasonable.

http://www.thebroomeexperience.com.au

ETA: Willie Creek has a 4.5 star rating on TripAdvisor.

Well I live in Australia but have never been to Broome. A friend just returned and did some of the tourist stuff...camel ride on Cable Beach which they really enjoyed and got good photos... Charter flight over the beach and other points is supposed to be very good if small planes are ok....very expensive though.

Broome is a small place and a long way from anywhere with a lot of ....beach.... but I know there is the Paspaley store that PD mentioned. Another friend did the Horizontal Falls boat trip which was fun. I do have another friend who was invited out to the Paspaley boat but I have a feeling that had to to with the amount of money she spent lol I don't know anyone who did the Willie Creek trip but it looks to be good.

Back