Black Pearls from the Indian Ocean

Caitlin

From an online ad for visiting French Polynesia specifically, the Seychelles islands.

Visitors staying exclusively on Mahe island will not want to miss the opportunity of visiting Praslin island, the second largest island in the Seychelles archipelago and a mere 15 minutes flight from Mahe, with a private programme starting with a visit to the site where exquisite black pearls are cultured at the only oyster farm in the Indian Ocean, to view the display of the art of cultivating pearls, as well as the breeding and feeding of the Giant Clam (Tridacna maxima); and, of course, the black pearls are on sale in the on-site jewellery shop.

Attachments

• pearl2Seychelles.jpg
    pearl2Seychelles.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hi Josh
Thanks for the correction. It looked like that was what the ad was saying.

Unreal? You mean dyed? Or cool?

The Seychelles are known for being the most pristine saltwaters in the world, are they not?

Josh said:
Oh, and those two peacocks are unreal.

They kind'a stand out from the pack ... even in that small parcel used for the add.

Wonder what sort of pearls this farm really yields!

I meant cool. That is what you are trying for as a farmer. The other pearls in the photo are what happens regardless of what you are trying for:D The most pristine waters in the world could be in the Indian Ocean but that's not where I'm casting my vote;) .

Back