Best Time to Buy

puppyguts

Hi Everyone, new here.

Whats everyones opinion on the best time of year (SALES:D) to buy Pearls, im not on an urgent timeframe. Im thinking ahead for Christmas and for pearls for my wedding.

I have read the recommended vendor thread on pricescope, if anyone has any additional vendor recommendations let me know about that too.

What im looking at buying:

tahitian necklace strand, stud earrings, and pendant necklace
white akoya or freshwater ?? undecided ?? (necklace 36", earrings, and tripple bracelet) for wedding
& blue akoya strand necklace and stud earrings

thank you

(if there is another thread on think just link me in, i just couldnt find one)

I recommend you get on the mailing lists of the vendors you are considering buying from. That way you'll get an email (often with a discount code) when there is an upcoming sale.

Sales are commonly held before the usual holidays (Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Christmas) as well as Black Friday (which in the USA is the day after Thanksgiving) and Cyber Monday (the Monday after Thanksgiving.) The major vendors all seem to hold these sales. I've seen other sales on specific kinds of pearls (e.g. akoyas) held by the various vendors.

Pearl Paradise has historically often held a Tahitians sale the entire month of August or September, and sometimes a White South Sea and/or Golden South Sea sale in September or October.

Kamoka lists new arrivals whenever they become available.

I'm not sure about when Kojima Pearls holds sales; I'm not on that mailing list.

Last edited:
puppyguts, Welcome!

There are 3 additional designers who do have websites, create custom pieces and have excellent quality pearls. They are members here also. How fun for you to be planning a pearl wardrobe!

In Australia:

Katbran of Pearlzaustralia on etsy

CatherineCardelliniPearls.com

In England:

Pearlescence.co.uk

Also Cees Van Oije of Amsterdam Pearls Ltd. He's also on Facebook and Instagram under his own name.
I got my golden south sea pearls from him and can recommend him. He shipped my order from Thailand; not so far from Australia if shipping is a concern. :)

Thank you for the replies

i have signed up for emails & will keep an eye out for Sale time

Back