Bead Bumpers - Project Help Needed!

MSC

Natural Pearl Lover
I'm hoping someone on here has a huge stock pile of bead bumpers they'd be willing to sell me! My apologies if this is not appropriate for the forum. I'm in a huge crunch! I ordered a bunch of 2mm clear and white oval silicone bumpers from Beadalon in order to repair a pearl necklace for my mom for Christmas. I just got the package today and they were not included. After a phone call, I learned they won't have them in stock again till March! I've done some googling, but it seems like vendors are either totally sold out or only have a few packs left. I need like upward of 400 yesterday. Is there anyone out there who could help me out?

You guys are awesome, Purr and Jersey!

Would you believe I only found one vendor online that had more than 2 or 3 packs in stock? I ended up ordering way more than I need currently because Beadalon told me they wouldn't have new stock till March at the earliest.
I wonder what's up with that? I just assumed they get their stock from Asia...

I ended up using gold colored bumpers to restring mom's necklace. It gives it a nice warm glow.
7mm round Akoya pearls:
IMG_5553.jpgIMG_5555.jpgIMG_5546.jpg

I'm so glad that you were able to find bumpers and grabbed a lot of them.

It's comforting to have plenty of supplies on hand. That probably sounds like the hoarder in me coming out!

Thanks, guys! It's a really really necklace. The luster is pretty sharp for a 30+ year old necklace and all the pearls are absolutely perfect. I've already called dibs ;)

Yay for getting the necklace done in time and finding the bumpers!!! The gold bumpers do add a really nice look to plain akoyas. I need to learn how to use wire and bumpers now!

What a good idea ! I could have helped...but given the 12000 miles between us..I think you would be buying the Beadalon ones before mine ever arrived.

Seems like I need to make a note to myself for next October...order now...they are going to run out of everything you want in December. Sold out...Sold out...Sold out... back order....back order...back order.... sigh

Back