Baroque pearl in 14 kt white gold ring

vroom

Part of my decade collection of stuff someone here can t tell me exactly what sort of pearl this is or I should have said someones.

IMG_3912.jpgIMG_3913.jpgIMG_3915.jpgIMG_3916.jpgIMG_3917.jpg

Thanks

Hi,

Can you tell anything about the story of the ring? How old is it? Where was it made? Things like that :)

- Karin

That is a freshwater pearl. It looks more like a natural fw, but I have seen many freshwaters like that from China too.

That is a freshwater pearl. It looks more like a natural fw, but I have seen many freshwaters like that from China too.

Any chance of it being a Tennessee Pearl? It was purchased in east tn. Ring looks a bit dated.

Yes. Very good chance is is an American freshwater and therefore natural. You might ask our member "Pearl-Man" https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/member.php?u=5114 He has a huge collection of natural freshwaters.

I think it could be from the 1950's to70's or so, based on the setting.

here are two other pearl people from Tennessee who know American freshwaters, but pearl-man is a member here. Try to private mail him. He has not been on the site for a month or so. You can also find the email form on his page, though it is blue on gray and very hard for old eyes to read(I am the old one, LOL) and just email him with the link and tell him I said, Hi!

Hi,

Can you tell anything about the story of the ring? How old is it? Where was it made? Things like that :)

- Karin

Not really I bought it from a pawn shop years ago when gold was cheap. I bought it for the 14 kt gold at spot. I looked at the gems I bought with the gold jewelry - as in this pearl - as immense bonuses to be treasured.

All I can say is the ring design appears dated 70s? 60? maybe 50s I would doubt it is much older. We had quite a pearl industry here before the TVA dams err I mean damns that ruined so much of East TN. I would be a bit special to me to have an TN pearl.

Back