Are these genuine Tahitian pearls?

BeMiche

Hello,
Are these genuine Tahitian pearls? Please, let me know.

Many thanks!

BeMiche

Attachments

• PEARLS.jpg
    PEARLS.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 40
Ouch! I am glad that I joined this forum. I obviously have a lot to learn. Thanks!

Agree... You might want to look at some of the websites people link to in their signatures on this forum. Study those pictures of Tahitians and you'll see the shape is way off with those you are holding. Tahitians never look potatoshaped - at least I haven't seen any...

- Karin

the shape is indeed all wrong, and the colour is a flat black colour. It might well seem daft to a novice but black Tahitian pearls are never black..they're usually green, or maybe purple, grey, very rarely blue. But never that over-dyed dull black

the shape is indeed all wrong, and the colour is a flat black colour. It might well seem daft to a novice but black Tahitian pearls are never black..they're usually green, or maybe purple, grey, very rarely blue. But never that over-dyed dull black

Ditto. I wish there is a thumb up icon.

Ditto.......(adding characters to post)

Scam on eBay. I won this auction (http://www.ebay.com/itm/330867136028?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649) but suspected that something was not right. I noticed that people with relatively few feedbacks on eBay were the ones who bid on the auction. I noticed that the stock photo was from another seller from China. He assured me that he employed someone to list the auctions and that they got lazy and used stock images. He (smbikeguy) sent additional photos. He has listed several pearl necklaces which fetch relatively high prices for eBay. He claims that he obtained the pearl necklaces at a closing-down sale for Na Hoku Jewellers in Hawaii. I did not want to accuse him outright of selling fakes; I contacted him and told him that the pearls were not real and suggested that he had been conned and should contact a consumer protection agency. He wrote back as follows:
Well, everyone has their own opinions and everyone can be right or wrong. I have no problem canceling the transaction. I will send you a cancellation request and you just need to accept it. Thx

He has another necklace for sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nancy-Pelos...S_Fine_Necklaces_Pendants&hash=item4d0961f0e6

I hope that no one gets taken in by him. I am more amused than anything else...

Yep. He sounds like the typical scammer found on eBay. Nahoku would probably be surprised to find put that they went out of business. It would be news to me too.

PS
be thankful you didn't fall for the other auction.

Last edited:
Really are there people that could think to buy 3 strands of tahitian pearls for 36 $ ? Difficult to buy one pearl at that price !

Back