Are poppy seed pearls expensive?

Thanks Daddy's Little Pearl, this is really constructive advise and I appreciate that. I shall bear that in mind. I bought the hanks of pearls as I wanted to do some threading project with them as mention in my previous thread in "Lowly Beaders Club". I then came across the eBay site which I have attached in this thread and posted the question on it.
I am new to pearls and ever since I was bitten by the pearl bug, I have been spending hours online reading up and looking at pearl sites online. Moreover I thought it was great that Pearl Guide could also serve as a point of reference for my questions and answers.... That's how I learn, not just by staring at sites and pics.
Additionally, I think I am blessed to be at a place whereby pearls are relatively cheap. It serves as a great and affordable learning ground. I paid ?2 for each strand of those pearls posted.

Yiling, good price! Those are great pearls for projects too, although if you have to do knotting you will be at it for a good long time. I am not new to jewelry, but relatively new to being a "pearl addict" , and we all keep learning, everyone here has something to share! If you don't have any books on pearls, I highly recommend "Pearls" by Elizabeth Strack, you will see her name mentioned on this forum a lot in references to information, it is expensive but well worth it, available through the Gemological Institute (GIA) website, I received my copy a month ago and it is wonderful. It covers natural and cultured pearls, saltwater and freshwater plus the pearls produced by shells, and many other topics, with history, good photos etc. I have bought a lot of pearls in the past that now I realize were either mistakes or I simply paid too much for what I received. Then I found this forum. The good news is that "mistake" pearls can still be used in projects as well. Ah , never a pearl shall be wasted! Good luck hunting!

Daddys Little Pearl

Thanks again Daddy's little Pearl. Yes, Caitlin has recommended "Pearls" by Elizabeth Strack and I've have read reviews on it as well. Will seriously consider getting it soon.
Yiling

Back