Anybody bought pearls from Selectraders?

bettinaray

I came across this site which seems to be a pearl wholesaler that also sells to individual consumers. Has anyone purchased directly from this company or have any information about them or their products? Thank you!

http://www.selectraders.com/

If it is based in the UK why does it give an American address on the home page and a German address once you switch to any EU country? Looking up the UK site on whois gives a German address also.

Hi, I placed an order with these chaps yesterday (UK division), and can't get hold of them. Their phone lines ring without pick up, 3 emails sent, not a response back, so I just have to hope they are insanely busy.

They are also members here. In fact, they joined 2 months before I did! That makes them real old-timers. I am sorry you haven't made contact yet.

What is it you want to buy?

We'd love to help you look and compare to what you want from ST. Maybe you could look at some other sellers while you wait? After all, it makes little difference what country you buy from, anymore. So many of those dealers, like select traders are multinational, probably for reducing costs or something. The import fees are ultimately paid by the buyer, no matter where the pearls come from -or at what point the fees are paid.

I just pinged them and got a response that they have their phones turned off because they are doing inventory today and tomorrow. Apparently they do it quarterly like us. Our phones are turned off today for the same reason.

Back