Any Suggestions for Pearls on Ebay

Kameddie

Hi, I am looking to buy some Pearl on ebay but not sure what to look for.

There seems to be alot of Pearls from China. I just wanted to buy some to try and make a matching necklace for myself and my daughter.

I dont want anything too expensive yet as I just want to have fun making the necklace with her.

regards

Lindy

What kind of pearls are you looking for and in what size and price range?

The least expensive are going to be off-round Chinese freshwater pearls.

Hi, I do like the off-round Chinese freshwater Pearls but I wasn't sure if they were real.

I was looking at getting some white small ones (maybe 6mm) for my daughter and then maybe some white 9 - 10mm for myself.

Not sure what price range as I didnt know what I should pay.

I am flexible on the colour and shape. But I do like the look of the off round ones that seem to have lines on them.

Sorry I am just learning about Pearls so I dont know the correct words to describe them yet.

regards

Keep reading through the threads. In the past few months, I've found many members websites and the names of reputable eBay sellers like lilei1971 and pearllunar. I love both those eBay sellers because their communication is very quick and honest. Both sell various qualities from lightly blemished strands for around ten dollars USD each to several hundred dollars for matched graded AAA FW pearls. When these two sellers say AAA, they really are! It is hard to wade through the not-so-honest sellers. Hope this helps. Good luck :)

One more thing...avoid listing that have the word 'shell' in them. Shell pearls are not real pearls. Much of the bad feedback that I see on otherwise reputable sellers comes from someone who is unfamiliar with what shell pearls are...they buy them and then think they were ripped off...even though the listing clearly says SHELL...the seller doesn't always state that these are pearls made from crushed shells...oops!

The off-round Chinese pearls are likely to be real, as they are quite affordable. Ringed pearls are also known as circl? pearls (circled) and are less expensive than non-ringed ones.

Thanks everyone that has been a real help.

I will look at sone other threads to get some ideas too.

regards

Lindy

Back