Any idea how much these are worth?

sparta

pearls.jpg
I got these from my grandmother 11 years ago, my grandfather bought them for her in the 80's. They go from 3mm to 7.3mm and the smaller strand is about 17 inches.
Thanks!

A local Mikimoto dealer told me these were worth $1000. I'm not sure if that's true or not. Any help would be great.
Thank you

Did he say whether that is replacement value (probable) or resale value?

Mikimoto seems to hold its price better than no-name brand pearls, but in general you cannot expect to get anywhere near replacement value if you sell them.
Your best bet is to check eBay for completed sales-- that will show you current prices people are willing to pay for similar items.

He had never seen any like them and is doing more research. The only similar necklace I can find i on ebay for sale for $12,000. I don't expect mine to be worth that much but more than $1000. I know my grandfather paid between $8,000-10,000 for them.
Thank you for the response.

I think you can easily get 1K for those, resale value. Maybe up to double that. Replacement value is probably going to be 10-12k.

Check out all the completed sales for Mikimoto necklaces and keep an eye on them for a while. You will get a feeling for what your strand will sell for.

This is today's list of what actually sold. You can also get all the completed listing included unsold. That unsold list is the real education!

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sac...kimoto+necklace&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Back