• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Antique Cartier seed pearl encrusted compact/necessaire, oh la la

multichrome

I collect vintage compacts and I also love looking at amazing jeweled ones from the past. This image turned up today on a collectors page that I follow. I don’t see many pearl-encrusted compacts, likely due to the fact that frequent handling would certainly damage pearls.

Then today I saw this. AH-mazing. It’s a Cartier seed pearl encrusted necessaire. I would love to see the inside—I will have to Google to find another photo.

884DB52D-2408-457E-952B-C16E532B5B30.jpeg

I hope you enjoy looking. If I find more photos of it, I’ll post more. Maybe I’ll start a thread somewhere about compacts with pearls if you all would like it.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Cece

BWeaves

Wowza! Amazing. I'm trying to figure out the pearl stripes. Are those pearls slightly bigger?

86Corvettegirl

That is phenomenal!!! Such intricate work & a beautiful piece. Would love to see more like this if you have them. I wish I could remember the video I watched a couple of weeks ago that was about pearls.....it had a pearl encrusted pocket watch.

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Lovely!!! Any info on the pearl size? Seems like 3 mm on average?