No announcement yet.

Please comment on my pearls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mymyng, You look gorgeous in the pearls! Very pleased they will be getting some "love" and restringing. Thank you for the additional photos.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Great new photos-- they look wonderful on you!

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. The pearls feel kinda heavy on my neck -- would take some getting used to haha. I think I'll wear them out for a test drive tomorrow. Restringing would take awhile yet - have to learn to do it properly first.

Back to my original query -- so, are these pearls considered "good quality" pearls in terms of their um pearly characteristics? What exactly am I looking out for when judging pearls? Size, I understand. Lustre - some of you mentioned that these pearls have good lustre. To me, they don't look particularly shiny/lustre-y...how exactly do I compare?

Comment

When you look at white pearls under a single light source against a white background, more lustrous pearls will have a darker circular reflection area in the center. Pearls with lower luster will have more vague reflections and dull pearls may be chalky white and have little reflection.

I can see your hands clearly in this photo! Now those are reflections!

Comment

Msmyng these pearls are really pretty -- I am no expert, but they look like good quality freshwaters to me.

In terms of what to look for, I believe you're looking at size, luster, roundness, surface (no blemishing), and good matching.

Enjoy your pearls!!

Comment

Wear em and enjoy em...they are beautiful.
              http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
              Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

Working...
              X