Help with ID on ebay pearl necklace please!

Faith

Got this about a week before the last one I posted, they're very small, probably around 3.75 to 4mm, clasp is sterling. Rope was intact when I took out of the box, knots in between the pearls are grubby, and rope broke at clasp and dislodged one pearl, so gotta restring before I can wear them, and said Japan saltwater? they really glow!

Attachments

• photo69623.jpg
    photo69623.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 34
  • photo69624.jpg
    photo69624.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 43
  • photo69625.jpg
    photo69625.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 38
  • photo69626.jpg
    photo69626.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 33
[No message]

Attachments

• photo69626.jpg
    photo69626.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 29
Hello Faith!
These do look like Japanese Akoya pearls...even their color screams "vintage" and those pearl sizes...wow...we don't get to see those sizes anymore but at the beginning of pearl culture it was common to obtain small sizes. As the experience of the grafting technicians improved, so did pearl sizes.
Often times smaller pearls are more lustrous than the larger ones...you can clearly see it in these "babies" :)

Quite a find!

On hearing that reply, have to say I'm thrilled! Can't wait to get to wear them as soon as they're repaired, didn't even get to try them on before they came apart. The thread is pretty decayed, good to know my 57+shipping cost was well invested in something that I love! Thank you Douglas! It's been pretty fun trying to spot a "good one" online for sale, and win the bid!

You really have to have it restrung and then take some photos for us all to see in the "Show us your pearls in Action" thread :D
Quite a good find! :arms:

I Wii likely be checking out the lowly beaders club, and getting in touch with pattye for supplies, then I'll do that! Have a hard time not looking at them, they're just so pretty, nothing tops mother nature for beauty!

Back