No announcement yet.

What to use for tiny keshi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EU is changing the rules from this summer - which will be a great help for smaller purchases. Instead of a lower limit and then, BAM, fees on top of the VAT, every purchase from outside the EU will be charged VAT but without any fee. Just the VAT. I don't know if that includes shipping. Hadn't thought about that. It might.

Comment

You might ask Wendy at Pearlescence if she has some she could sell you.

Also, on stringing tiny pearls. I use those tiny little bead bumpers about every 5 th pearl. That way if it breaks you won't lose everything.
      https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

Bead bumpers-- what a great idea!

Comment

"You might ask Wendy at Pearlescence if she has some she could sell you."
          Unfortunately Brexit now being in effect, puts purchases from the UK in the same booth as anywhere else outside of the EU. Only difference might be shipping costs but that seems to be expensive everywhere.

Comment

KarinK, Wendy doesn't charge shipping fees. I did have to pay for taxes on my last order, but I always think that if I bought pearls i sweden I would still pay more. Not that I can buy pearls in sweden, not any good at least.

Comment

I agree that for pearls, it's worth it to buy them outside of the EU. I mostly have. It's the smaller purchases, just crossing the line of $12, that are tricky. This is even for used items or things you couldn't get inside the EU. Or if something cost $2.5 but you have a $12 shipping fee because it comes from far away. You won't have to pay taxes but it adds a lot to the cost.

Comment

In sweden you pay taxes for everything outside europe, even smaller purchases. And a fee over that. If I can find the finding or whatever I am looking for in sweden, it's still better to order from somewhere else. The swedish online stores add a lot.
                Last edited by Charlotta; 02-20-2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Done!

I got some Griffin nylon thread with the built-in needle from a local source (overseas shipping was too high for any other choice) and now I am done! I knotted every 7-8 keshi. I put the capo in for size comparison. Unfortunately it means that it is the one in focus...

Comment

Well done you! The guitar thingy is a good comparison shows how tiny the pearls are.
                    https://www.beaderssecret.com
                    https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeadersSecret

Comment

They are CRAZY small! Finding those holes... But I am wearing it today, layered with another short necklace with garnets. So it's already paid off for me to reconstruct them. Never mind that the gimp is a little long.

Additional info is that I used a single thead (possible since the needle comes already 'installed'). I wouldn't for regular pearls but you can't see the knot here and I was able to place it very close to the keshi even though I couldn't pull the threads to help tighten.

Comment

Soooo cute. Enjoy!

Comment

It is lovely!

Comment

Beautiful! I love it...and love it more since I can imagine drilling each tiny pearl and threading them...OMG. That is a ton of work!
                            Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                            Follow Me!
                            Instagram
                            YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
                            Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

I don't even know how they do it! With some of the flat keshies you could see the needles through the wall of the pearl. It was that thin.

Comment

Working...
                              X