South sea pearls???

livjux

Screenshot_20181016-215458_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20181016-215454_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20181016-215454_Facebook.jpg
Hello again! I just found this on a secondhand webpage. What do you fine folks think about it? Do they look real and are they worth the price the seller wants( $2580)? Or should I rather look elsewhere for my south sea pearls to be🤔🙂. I'll be very thankful for any answers I get in here. I'm new with pearls, but I'm already really hooked. Going to be an expensive addiction, but soo fun and interesting🤗🤗. LivScreenshot_20181016-215450_Facebook.jpg

For 2nd hand, I'd consider that pretty pricey...

45,000 NOK converts to 6,159.83 USD; not a great bargain in my opinion. The pics aren't that great & the luster doesn't show up well. The appraisal is a typical jewelry insurance appraisal, often inflated. I wouldn't make a decision based on the pics you have. I would ask for more pics in different light.

Livjux,

The first question I'd ask, is what is the return policy? I agree, the necklace meets your budget and lack of rings criteria.

You shouldn't give the appraisal much consideration; you need to see if these pearls WOW you in person. And be able to return them if they don't.

That insurance appraisal would be on the high side. I'm thinking that more photos might help. If they are Gellner as the appraisal says, that's a very good German brand. In a few of the photos they looks lacklustre but the top one makes me wonder if better photos and some close ups might be worth considering. Either way though, the price is high.

Thank you for your helpful answers. I decided to wait until I find something that really " wows" me and hit me in my heart��

Back