My pearls

Thank you CathyKeshi, Lisa c, AndrewM, Happy Huka and Parrot Lady. The roses do smell devine. Can't wait, in the same flower bed I also planted every unusually looking daffodils I coule find and lotw of colorful tulips. But now snow and cold and slippery roads...

Charlotta- those new SSPs glow! Your apple tree looks well pruned. I also have one in my yard, but it needs a serious haircut. And your roses are divine.

Thank you 2thdktr. My not-husband prunes the appletrees late every winter, on a ladder. The trees are very old and don't need much pruning any more,except for one tree. I have planted a climbing honey-rose at the base of this tree that will cover most of it in a few years.

What could possibly better than gorgeous pearls, beautiful roses and a mischievous kitten? Well, perhaps enjoying eating a creme brule while reading and viewing the pearls would have added a glorious crowning note. I just found this thread and read ALL the way through, at once. I'm inspired by your creativity, Charlotta! And you've certainly whetted my pearl appetite—not that that needed any help. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Cricketbug, sadly no creme brule but I am making a sponge cake with cardamom. Kitten is ever so naughty, but funny. She stole a piece of french wire the other day. Managed to get a good grip on both ends and making it very long. Had to take it from her then so she wouldn't eat it and get hurt, because she recently did eat both ends of a toothpick I had used to apply henriettas gum arabic beading glue with. She gnawed it of and left the stump on the floor.

I found some rosephotos from last summer for you morella, mostly from the one day it rained...

Oh, Charlotta, thank you so much! What kinds are they? So beautiful! I especially love the pink and the cream ones! I've planted a "Jude the obscure" and a "Alnwick Rose" this fall, hopefully they'll do well in spring.

Charlotte thanks for sharing those photos. Gorgeous SS, divine roses! I love roses. The ones on my backyard are blooming. :)

Thank you Pattye, Katbran, morella and Jenny. The purple rose is Cardinal de Richelieu, the darker pink one is Louise Odier, the light pink one is Souvenirer de la maison, the striped one is Honorine de Brabant and lastly the white one is Boule de Neige. I would love to have blooming roses now but I have to wait until june and july. Today kitten escaped from us. Not-husband had to lure her back with cat treats. We don't want her to get hurt outside (cars, other cats and the next door enormous rooster that run wild). She's upset now and wants to investigate this new cold world.

Thank you sulema. I really do love the rikiteas and that clasp. I had the clasp for many years before I found the right pearls for it. When I bought it the pearls attached to it were very worn. But the clasp was in great shape.

Today akoya keshistrand from Pearlescence, mismatched tahitian studs from Oceanscove and a new victorian silver locket with grapes on it from Vintageatmums on etsy. I love this locket.
IMG 7588
The locket is accually quit shiny, it looks a bit strange in the photo.

Thank you Katbran and Pattye. I was surprised about how difficult it was to photograph silver.

Last weekend I restrung 3 of my ropes. I wanted to have them endless, without clasps. I had to refresh my memory since I haven't done this in years. Pearldreams tread was a big help. I restrung my white and grey tahitian and south sea strand with Beaders secret in fog.
_20190209_171424.jpg
Then I restrung my white south sea rope from Pearlescence and my drop tahitian rope from PearlParadise and Wen Pearls. I used Beaders secret in ivory and forest on those 2.
_20190209_171449.jpg
_20190209_171509.jpg
Now I really need more Beaders secret in ivory since I finished my second one, but swedish customs have it as hostage for now...

Back