HOw to really rock a pearl dress

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
Now this is a dress with pearls! dress.jpg (and note the tiny waist)

Very regal, indeed. My mind can't wrap around someone actually wearing the cape. You would need to be muscular to drag it around, while wearing a very heavy dress. What one must do for beauty! ;)

Wow! What a lovely design and the details on that dress are amazing! I would love to see this IRL!

Wendy, Any chance you could see it IRL? I'd love more detail than the article. I wonder if they have an exhibit book..

Thank you, Wendy! I remember going to the theater with my mother to watch the film of The coronation. Watching her walk down the aisle with that never ending train is a memory I still enjoy :)

Where did you observe this gown? The dress noted above reminds me of Catherine the Great's dress I observed in the Armory in Moscow. Her gown was covered with 100,000 pearls. She stood all of 4"7. Her waist was around 14in. It was gorgeous. I only wish I could have climbed into the exhibit to examine the pearls!!

I think this is the coronation gown for Elizabeth, queen of England. Now we need to see a photo of Catherine the Great's dress!!! Maybe someone will find it online for us. :) Welcome to the forum!

Back