No announcement yet.

Mother-Of-Pearl Buttons in Designer Clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) for me, good books are harder to find in my area than good pearls.

Caitlin, I like the box of buttons! Seems some of them are really old!

Comment

Lovely! I'd flip the buttons on post 5, the d&g striped shirt. I love that streak of blue!

Comment

Hey! Thx 4 the thread bump! Lovely MoP in this thread!
        Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Comment

Me, too! Love the buttons in your box and I love the books you come up with, too.

No wonder this site flourishes, the threads spawn more delightful threads, even if technically it's hitch-hiking. No, I mean hijacking! hijacking the threads leads to wonderful stuff, like turning a corner on a path in a Surprise Garden!

Oops, not that I think this thread is hijacked. Just musing.
          Last edited by lisa c; 09-22-2011, 12:01 AM.

Comment

we're still on the subject in this thread!

I do believe Jeremy first found the Billy Button brochure following up on a very early post. Test my memory. Find the thread.

I love that Perlas put those pix up! I think eBay does a lively trade in MoP buttons. They are so classic and useful. I don't think wearing them a few more generations will hurt them at all. If anyone ever bothered to change buttons anymore.....

well grandma Old will just totter away.......
            Last edited by Caitlin; 09-21-2011, 11:35 PM.
            Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Comment

Hey cool! I just posted a thread last night asking if anyone on here collects mother of pearl items - I guess I got my answer!

Is there a way to tell old mother of pearl buttons from new ones (other than wear of the holes of course?) I've seen some really elaborated carved ones that I thought were old but then saw some more for sale in the EXACT same pattern so they were obviously new (on Etsy).
              "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
              - Lucy Maude Montgomery -

Comment

Working...
              X