Tahiti pearl : the absolute men jewellery

C

CLICLASP

Hello everybody,
In my opinion, Tahiti pearls are matching men's beauty better than any other jewelry : black pearls, rubber and steel are a very masculine attitude. In Paris, more and more can be seen.

What about selling figures, have someone some info on this trend in fashion of Tahiti pearls for men?
Is the part of masculine market segment known in Tahiti pearls consumer selling market ?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• cable T cerclee gros plan.jpg
    cable T cerclee gros plan.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 32
  • caout thick big Tclose TGP.jpg
    caout thick big Tclose TGP.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 38
CLICLASP said:
In Paris, more and more can be seen.
Hi Cliclasp,

I sometimes see Tahitian pearl jewelry in the shops, and Robert Teriitehau or Martin Coeroli put aside I've yet to see people wear it, even in le Marais (R?gine Doloy recently said Tahitian pearls are popular in the gay community).

For figures, you should try the Groupement d'int?r?t ?conomique Perles de Tahiti. I'm sure they have some info.

It's good to see some Parisians in the board. I'm a
craftsman by proffession and every year I go to Paris
to sell and exhibit my crafts. Recently I just got in
the south sea pearl hobby and I'm planning to expand my
product lines to it. :)

I hope you could see some of my work when I go there in September :)

Last edited:
Tahitan pearls for men's jewelry is actually really growing in popularity. There are many online and designer companies selling similar pieces.

Interestingly, while watching the world cup cricket series yesterday,
I noticed that two of the England team were wearing pearl necklaces.
Full strings of pearls.
One player was wearing a row of black pearls, another was wearing a row of white pearls.
Things are looking up - English men wearing rows of pearls !
And they both looked great.

Really ,they wore full strands of pearls? Those trendy English hee hee! I'm going to have to tell my husband that since he's from England. I know he'll never wear a even one pearl since he's just not a jewelry person. But still it's interesting.

I bet my father would wear a single pearl on leather or something along those lines. He's been known to wear the occasional jewelry item. I wish more men did.

So sports and shobiz types wear full strands......

Last Fall, Randy ?, one of the judges from American Idol, was being interviewed by Larry King and I noticed he was wearing a full set of white pearls- An 18' solid 8mm pearl necklace and stud pearl earrings. (I bet the bracelet needs to be larger to fit him- cause I didn't see that.)

He looked great.

Last edited:
Hi Casey and Caitlin,
Yes, from what I could see from the brief head and shoulder shots of the players, they were full strings of pearls.
Obviously I couldn't see right around their necks, just the area at the front of the open-neck shirt, but they looked to be full strands.
No idea of the pearls size, though.
And the matches are being played in the West Indies, so the warm climate and laid-back atmosphere may have something to do with the player's wearing them.
But they both looked great wearing the pearls and not at all out of place.
Mind you, they are both young and fit.....

Was that a triple dangle Tahitian Elton John was wearing at the Concert for Diana? Single earring. He pulled it off nicely.

What do you think of his one ?

Attachments

• tahiti-hand.jpg
    tahiti-hand.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 42
CLICLASP said:
What do you think of his one ?

Use a button pearl or, even better, a typically flatish Abalone pearl (for wearing comfort) and you have my dream bracellet right there ! :cool:

Hi CLICLASP,

That is just EXCELLENT!!!! Can one clasp it one's self? Is the cord leather or rubber? Rubber would be a bit more durable, but either would be most handsome.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Unless you get 3 hands you cannot fix the changeable clasp as a bracelet yourself :) So here is 2 solutions I found :
- you can have a friend or your lover fix it for you. Isn't it the concept developped by Cartier with the love bracelet with screwdriver being kept by the other one ?
- you can have the bracelet made large enought to have it passed over the hand. Putting the clasp before being worn ; the rubber is flexible enought when passing the hand throught, and recovers its round shape when worn up on the arm.
And....:cool:
I even have a third solution : I get my bracelet set with 2 pearls (an in-between connector does it easy) it becomes then large enough to be put by oneself, and when set with 1 pearl only, it is shorter and needs to be fixed by who you like to...;)
So changeable and versatile, I like it !

Yes it si rubber, very unisex style

Attachments

• Pbra-2perles.jpg
    Pbra-2perles.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 36
Hi CLICLASP,

Love the black and white pearls together, and your further comments on how to operate the mechanism. An additional 12mm pearl would only add about 1/2 inch in length to the bracelet.

Pattye

Hello Pattye,

Any additional pearl whill had lenght to the bracelet/necklace wherever it is added. It might be interesting to add lenght to a necklace wether you like it more or less close to the neck.

How does it work ? click on the link :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tis3tD9YLUU

A key on the necklace comes with a " push and turn" movement into a tube set in the clasp, thanks to a wire in ; very safe, with a slight curve from the clasp to the necklace as you see, to keep a natural bend when worn.

Can be used as pendant, earrings, bracelet, necklace, for the ones who like versatile jewelry like I do :)

Thank You, CLICLASP!

Excellent video! I like especially like the variation with the strand of pearls. I had not seen that one before.

Pattye

Back