Clear All

• Camhatch
    replied
    Time for some experiments Douglas!

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    Hey Camhatch glad to see you back!
    I agree...but maybe the "older" toothpaste was "not as bad", having some abrasives that could help clean...today we even have a "revival" of old-style toothpaste (even with active charcoal). I think I do have to make this experiment and try some 3-4 brands and then share with the world.

Leave a comment:

• Camhatch
    replied
    I don’t know where the “toothpaste to clean jewellery” idea first came about...maybe when cleaning silver wear and brass candlesticks with silver paste or Brasso was the norm mid-century, but I definitely think the additives and abrasives in toothpaste should be a no go for pearls. Just my humble opinion.

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    What about toothpaste (on a toothbrush) as a pearl and jewelry cleaner? I've never used it but many swear by it.
    Anyone tried it before?

Leave a comment:

• KarinK
    replied
    I am skilled at working around my rings :-) Though the gem ones get a mild scrub with a soft toothbrush and detergent when I change them. I am sure that with our calcium heavy water it would much better to take off the rings before washing hands but let's be realistic...

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    I would just recommend taking the ring off if you use hand lotions or creams...these end up on top of the jewelry setting and pearl and may "muddle" their appearance, so you may need to clean them

Leave a comment:

• KarinK
    replied
    I always forget to take my rings off when I wash my hands. The pearls seem to be doing fine.

Leave a comment:

• pearlescence
    replied
    Pearls don't mind getting wet - they come from water. It's the silk thread which really doesn't do well with wetting..it rots. So, provided your mounting is secure, should be no problem.
    Quick tip if you do take off any ring to wash your hands. Hold it between your lips. Don't put it down because eventually the one time you forget it will be somewhere public.

Leave a comment:

• debmcclelland@gmail.com
    started a topic Getting a pearl ring wet

Getting a pearl ring wet

Can you get a pearl ring wet? It's one small pearl on a 14 k gold band. I'm not talking about washing your hands with soap, I'm just asking about if you happen to rinse your hands under the tap and dry them off right afterwards
Working...
X