Pearl Storage

eclecticgrl

I was wondering if anyone here stores their pearls in a way where you can view and appreciate their beauty?

I know a box, away from light is best, but wondered if anyone had other ideas?

I have a neckform in my bedroom and usually put the one I am wearing on it at night. The others live in their storage boxes they came in stored in the gun safe. I do have several shadow boxes with strands in them, but they are not removable.

Last edited:
I keep threatening myself to buy proper jewelry storage. Right now they're in soft bags in a softlined drawer. I find the boxes they came in to be too bulky.

I keep my earrings in those weekly pill boxes. One pair of earrings per "day."

Hello Pearl People! This is my first post (yay), although I've been following all the threads for months and months and learning so much from all of you. Finally! I have something to share. I bought jewelry storage units from the Container Store. They expand horizontally to fit inside your drawers. I have two stacked in a drawer and although the drawer stays closed all day, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't open the drawer and fondle the contents. I have, sadly, run out of room in the storage units and need to figure out a way to expand -- maybe get rid of some clothes? Hope the photo comes through.

IMG_2531.JPG

I've heard of ladies attaching pins to either empty centers of velvet inset picture frames or to pillows they put out to enjoy. Is that something you were considering? I have heard too many horror stories on the forums of home burglaries to attempt something like that.

I like the Container Store units Parrot Lady.

I had thought about a shadow box idea, but I just don't know.. Thanks for the ideas.

I don't worry about anyone stealing my pearls. Most people think they're just beads. Especially if there are a lot of them. I'm more concerned about gold and diamonds being stolen.

I don't worry about anyone stealing my pearls. Most people think they're just beads. Especially if there are a lot of them. I'm more concerned about gold and diamonds being stolen.

Don’t think they would represent much of a value to any criminal, only to crazies like us :) Good point. If you do a break-in you will want easily recogniseable and resaleable value.

I'm envisioning a rather classy cat burglar knowing EXACTLY what those "beads" are and being rather excited about her find...keep those beauties locked away!

Omg true. We keep the most expensive ones in the safe and yes have to keep opening the safe to touch and hear the satisfying pearl sound (when they brush /hit each other).

Proper storage of pearls is crucial to maintain their luster and beauty. Pearls are delicate and can be easily damaged by heat, chemicals, and even the oils on our skin. Here are some tips for storing pearls:

1. Avoid Direct Sunlight and Heat: Pearls are sensitive to heat and can be easily damaged by direct sunlight or exposure to heat. Avoid storing pearls in direct sunlight, near windows, or in a place that gets too hot, such as near a heating vent.
  2. Keep Away from Chemicals: Pearls can be damaged by chemicals found in household cleaning products, perfumes, and hair products. Avoid storing pearls near these items to prevent any accidental exposure.
  3. Store Separately: To avoid scratches and damage, store pearls separately from other jewelry. You can place them in a soft pouch or wrap them in a soft cloth before storing them.
  4. Use a Humid Environment: Pearls thrive in a humid environment, so it is important to keep them from drying out. You can store them in a soft, damp cloth or add a small dish of water to the storage container to maintain the humidity.
  5. Wear Them Often: The natural oils from our skin help to keep pearls hydrated and lustrous, so wearing them often is a great way to keep them in good condition.
Proper pearl storage is essential to maintain the beauty and longevity of your pearls. By following these tips, you can ensure that your pearls remain lustrous and beautiful for years to come.

Back