Purchasing Pearls at the pearl farm/factory

lc3

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have been reading through posts and have learned quite of bit of information on here already. I have always loved pearls, but recently started buying them.

I have a opportunity to go to China in the next few weeks, and I am interested in purchasing some pearls. I may not have a chance to go to the Pearl Market in Beijing, but I know I'll probably be able to visit a pearl farm through a scheduled tour and have the opportunity to purchase pearls there. SO my questions are: Will the pearls at the farm, cost more? Can I barter purchase price at the Pearl Factory? Should I make a special trip to the Pearl market to buy pearls there vs. just purchasing after the Pearl farm tour?

I greatly appreciate any responses! Thank you!!! I'm also really excited to have joined the forum :D

If you tour an actual farm, there won't be any pearls for sale. If the tour takes you to Zhuji and Pearl City in Shanxiahu, do your buying there over Beijing. This is where the vendors in Beijing buy. It will be a bit more difficult buying from processors because this is something typically done in bulk, and you will want a clasp. The vendors are better for finished jewelry.

Back