12.5mm Freshwater Pearls

T

The Pearl Outlet

I just received a few samples of incredible 12.5mm freshwater pearls. I'm personally not the best photographer, but here's a picture I took with a pair of these freshwater pearls (non-drilled) next to a strand of 9mm Hanadama Akoyas. This is a trend that will continue with freshwater pearls. Any thoughts on what affect this will have on the South Sea pearl market if any? If anyone is interested in purchasing a sample, PM me directly.

12.5mm-Freshwaters-01.jpg

This is a trend that will continue with freshwater pearls.
How can it not continue? Look at the perfection of those pearls. This is equal to anything Nature produced before the advent of culturing. This is a true cultured pearl, one that can proudly stand along the great naturals of the past!
Any thoughts on what affect this will have on the South Sea pearl market if any?
All bead-nucleators should put a tiny number of mollusks into tissue nucleation, just to see what would happen to the results. I think they will sell at prices that will make it worthwhile- and there you are- with pearls that can take their place in history.

I do not think they will stop making pearls for the masses though! So it will be both/and.

Last edited:
Hi Terry and Caitlin,

Now that this quality is coming onto the open market, let us hope that more pearl processors are going to learn that the term "matching" originally referred to harmony of composition rather than uniformity of pearls and then we may get pearls that are less and less processed and rather expertly composed than bleached, dyed, polished, and oiled to look more alike for a "uniform" look.

Zeide

Last edited by a moderator:
For pearls like these, you really need to get out the natural pearl standards of old.

Soon the Chinese will realize, if they get acquainted with some of the old standards, that slightly off rounds are also top quality-if their luster is top quality- so that should add a few more pearls to the top echelon-esp at this huge size! rather than just the really round ones. These are great door openers though, for a world used to round as the highest standard.

The roundness of these pearls really does satisfy the eye, and the luster seems to show honest orient compared to the Hanadama. Maybe it's the photo, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some water in these also.

Congrats to the Pearl Hunter for finding these! I hope this kind of pearl enjoys immediate success and plenty of it!

Back