Natural color question

T

tahitiangirl

I recently bought 2 AAA grade fw pearls and had a question about the color. My camera is giving me trouble so I can't take anypics. Anyway, one of the pearls is larger and has creamy,peachy and almost golden tones to it. The other is a tad smaller and is a lavender color. Is the bigger one dyed because it has a slight yellow color?

You mean gold, bronze sort of ovetone? I think that can be natural, i.e., not treated. Some of the untreated freshwater baroque from Pearl Paradise has that overtone in certain lighting. Very pretty. May be others who are experts in this forum can give better assessments, especially if you have pictures that capture the color.

Regards,
pernula

Last edited:
The color is more of a peach I think. But I would love to see a natural bronze color. YUM!

Hi TahitianGirl,

They sound like natural colors to me, and if you were told so by a reputable dealer, I would not doubt it at all. Being freshwater, those are not rare or expensive, but truly fabulous natural colors!!! Lucky you!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

It is very likely that they are natural colors. Freshwaters can have those colors naturally. Did the seller say they were treated or natural? You might want to ask them.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• pearl11.JPG
    pearl11.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 40
  • pearl 113.JPG
    pearl 113.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 38
  • pearl112.JPG
    pearl112.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 39
Hi Tahitiangirl,

Very pretty, natural colors, looks like to me. What size are they, or did you already say? What do you plan to do with them?

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Hello Tahitiangirl,

Those are lovely colors, esp for freshwater. I wold love to see more. Thanks for posting. I can't help getting excited about all the new gorgeous shades in CFWP. heehee

The smaller pearl is 7mm and the larger is about 8mm, maybe larger. I am hoping to find matching pearls for each of them and make two sets of earrings. Although, I might just keep one pair in a box to look at on rainy days;)

Back