Buying a freshwater pearl enhancer

Carol

Greetings:

This is also my first post to this forum, although I have been following and reading it for several months now.
I will be visiting both Beijing and Shanghi this coming summer and I would like to purchase a pearl enhancer to go with a set of pearls that I already have.
The pearl necklace is 16" long, 7-8mm white, freshwater pearls with a 14K gold clasp with diamond chips in the clasp. It was purchased somewhere in Beijing. From what I have read on this forum, I doubt that the strand cost much more than 75 - 100 US. I did have them appraised here in Canada and the appraised value for insurance purposes was 1200.00 CDN.
I would like the enhancer to be 14K gold, with some diamonds and one large, central pearl.
So my questions:
What size and type of pearl should I look for and buy?
How much should I pay?
Does Ling Ling carry such items?
Any other advice people could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

Carol:confused: :confused:

Hi Carol,

Ling Ling will be able to help you out with the pearl, but you will probably have better luck with the setting back home. Those pieces are available in Hong Kong, but you do not often see them in China.

$100 range should get you a nice, clean, round freshwater in the 10mm range, which is probably what you are looking for!

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will take that information with me and hopefully find something! However, being a shy Canadian with not very good barginning skills, this all might be a stretch.
I do want to compliment you on this site. I have been following it for several months and have learned so much. I have always loved pearls, but paying retail prices can be somewhat daunting. Which leads me to another question. At what point will your internet site be stocking more of those lavender, freshadama 7-8mm strands?

Carol

Back