Would those be keshi pearls?

pearl2020

The clasp says 14k gold, but I am fairly new to the pearl industry, would those be called keshi pearls? Thank you in advance!

Would those be keshi pearls?Would those be keshi pearls?Would those be keshi pearls?

I would call them "rice krispie" pearls, which look like the breakfast cereal of the same name. Four of them-- the colored ones-- are dyed.
Rice krispie pearls were tissue nucleated pearls formed in the cockscomb mussel, Cristaria plicata. These pearls were common in the 1970s - early 1980s.

FW keshi, or second harvest pearls, come from the triangle sail mussel, Hyriopsis cumingii. The first harvest are tissue nucleated pearls such as the common potato pearls of the 1980s-early 2000s. After those are harvested, if the mussel is returned to the water, a new pearl will form inside the exisiting pearl sac. That will be a FW keshi. They are inexpensive because so many can be be harvested at the same time just from one mussel.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the info!!! Would you happen to know an approximate value of this necklace? I am just curious about an approximate price range...

I don't know, but you can check eBay for similar necklaces that have sold recently and see what they brought.
It is not likely to be much though.

Looks like the old dyed Rice Krispie pearls from the 1980s and 90s.

This style of necklace is called a torsade. You twist the necklace into a rope, and then clasp it around your neck, for a twisted look. Or don't twist it, depending on your mood.

Looks like the old dyed Rice Krispie pearls from the 1980s and 90s.

This style of necklace is called a torsade. You twist the necklace into a rope, and then clasp it around your neck, for a twisted look. Or don't twist it, depending on your mood.
Thank you, I certainly did not know about the torsade style, really appreciate the info!

Back