What kind of pearls are these and the history.

Sarah Hello,

I am grateful for all the information you were able to share with us.If the pearls this size are not cost effective for harvesting and they are most likely natural where do you suppose they could have come from and what clues on the necklace should I look for.
Thanks so much and I am glad you had fun finding out some more pearl wisdom.
Helen

I am only the guardian of some history but very, very, rarely wear any of it.Jewellery and I don't see eye to eye most times.They tend to jump ship pretty quickly if I wear them.{Notorious for loosing the whole thing or part of it} Good pieces or not they all fall into the same category.LOST
:}
Helen

do you no what these are worth please have posted in a few threads but got nowhere they are 18ct gold

Attachments

• Newcastle Upon Tyne-20120514-00395.jpg
    Newcastle Upon Tyne-20120514-00395.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne-20120514-00396.jpg
    Newcastle Upon Tyne-20120514-00396.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne-20120514-00397.jpg
    Newcastle Upon Tyne-20120514-00397.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 36
Hello budolskie, your photos should be on a white background. Kitchen paper is great for us to get a really good look and truly identify them. But to me to look like cultured Akoya pearls. What size are they. If between 6 to 8 mm this is likely. But better photos would help.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 and natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

Hello Sarah,

Great information, thank you. I have some pearls which I believe to be Biwa. Let me know what you think. I add more information if needed. The seed pearls are 3 mm plus. The larger pearls are the ones I think are Biwa. I see many of these as having a stretched silk look to them.

Please do let me know what you think. It seems to me that you have a lot of experience regarding Biwas.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 and natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

Attachments

• collieryyy.jpg
    collieryyy.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 38
  • collier fullyyy.jpg
    collier fullyyy.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 37
Back