What do you think of this pair of earrings?

nat_ln

I just received this pair of Tahitian earrings. I was actually expecting a pair that is much darker in color. Do you think they are a keep? Would you keep them if these are what you received? The luster seems nice though.

Capture.JPG

I find that Tahitians look completely different when I put them on, than they do in the box. T's that disappoint me on white paper may come alive next to my skin.

Do you like them when you are wearing them? Give us an ear shot in shaded natural light, please.

Yes, I like them! I would have kept them instead of the light gray that I first received. That is closer to the color I was hoping for. May I ask where you purchased them?

It's so hard to tell from a picture on a colored surface. Can you retake the photo on a white paper towel in natural diffused light? That will show more of the colors. Having something like a quarter to show size is nice too. And an ear shot is always great. Tahitians come in so many different colors, so it is basically if you're happy with the color, luster, size, and shape. They may be the most beautiful pearls, but if they are too heavy for you, you probably won't wear them much.

Hi nat_ln, welcome to P-G! I would also suggest trying them on, then deciding. I have been surprised when pearls I questioned in the box, looked great when worn, and vice-versa as well. Hair color, skin tone, lighting, will all effect the look as well. Even your top may reflect color that will impact the look. For me when it comes to earrings, weight and luster are the most important factors that I consider.

Welcome to the forum! Your earrings seem to have very nice luster. When worn, in my opinion, pearls receives light from many more directions and come to life when compared to being viewed on a flat surface. As Sunseeker pointed out, pearls reflect their environment, too! We'd enjoy seeing a photo of them on your ear.

Back