What do you think of this long 7-7.5mm AAA 50" necklace?

pearlies

Hi there! May I know what do you think of this 50" of AAA 7-7.5mm round FW pearl necklace? Do you think that they are consider AAA quality? Are these cream color pearls untreated? thanks

Attachments

• 7-7.5mm.jpg
    7-7.5mm.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 7-7.5mm 1.jpg
    7-7.5mm 1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 23
The shape looks good but it isn't really clear how fine the surface and luster is, so that makes it a difficult call.

The pearls are freshwater and they are white. They have been treated, 100%.

The pearls are so perfectly alike that I am having credibility problems with them being FW. The shape sure is AAA. The background is artistic but doesn't lend itself to a close examination. More views needed, maybe one with the luster showing better. Those have a really fuzzy luster in this photo. Maybe a flat white background would allow us to see the color better.

Hi there tks for the replies!

The colors are described as cream instead of white and the seller guarantee untreated, is that possible? What could if be if it's not FW? Thanks

Caitlin if you look close on the full strand pic you'll see some shape variation, so definitely freshwater. It does look like a nice strand but its hard to tell much more without a better pic.

Thanks for the replies! Do u think that this pearl stud is treated too? May I know what type of treatments the pearls are subject to? Do you think that this necklace will match the stud in terms of color? Tks!

Attachments

• pic%2B010.jpg
    pic%2B010.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
You can see good luster on a few of the forward pearls in the second picture. You can also see a slight pink hue.

Pearlies,

White freshwater pearls are always treated. Selecting lustrous rounds from "raw material," as they call it in China, is extremely difficult, and the only way to do it is to select them individually from a first-stage factory. Pearls aren't considered ready for sale until they go through the third stage. Raw material, for the most part, is not very attractive. We have a box of them here that we keep for a Buddhist Temple. Every year they fill a statue with round to near round raw material, so we get it sent to us as a favor.

All whites go through the same bleaching and heat treatments, and from the pink overtone, the strand has also had some pinking done to it.

Hi Jeremy I appreciate the reply:)

May I know are these treatments permanent? What other factors do I have to consider or look out for, for this necklace?
I am kinda concern if the nacre will wear down after some time. How do I determine if the pearls can last? Tks!

It is difficult to tell with freshwater pearls, unfortunately. If the pearls were subjected to overly harsh treatments, the luster may fade in a few months. You see this most often with pearls that have been processed in what is called "family factories" in China. These are small factories that don't have the greatest technology, and can sometimes over-treat the pearls. Luster treatments are rarely permanent, so it will eventually fade, but if the pearls have been treated well (referring to treatments at the factory) and you continue to take care of them and treat them well, they could last a very long time.

Tks foe the detailed explanation! I shall get it ship over and will post some pictures:) tks

Back