The Melo, The Conch, the Kasumi and the hollow Keshis

Answer Game 1
Hi Cliclasp,

I might be very wrong but I think the strand on the right hand does look like nucleated "fireballs", the one the left side could be South Sea Keshis.Lusterwise none of the strands has outstanding luster, at least not to be seen in this picture - naturally it should be the South Seas Keishis with the best luster and the Fireballs would stand for the orient. The Fireballs are tissue and bead nucleated, the Keishis should be 100% nacre, if there is a hollow pearl it could be one filled with gas perhaps or is the "clasp" in the middle?

Hi Jerin

You are right ,

The light does not show the fantastic shine they both hold, really difficult to say which one is more beautiful, As of shine and orient you are very clever I could not say so just looking at those beauties.
The SS keshis are all hollow and not filled in any way, Jeremy explained this to me very well by the past, I discover in drilling to set the clasp.

thanks for playing

Hmm. Haven't looked at all of these, but Game 8 looks like (clockwise from center): abalone (west), quahog (east), conch (caribbean), and melo (south sea)?

Perle

A Game 8

Hmm. Haven't looked at all of these, but Game 8 looks like (clockwise from center): abalone (west), quahog (east), conch (caribbean), and melo (south sea)?

Perle

Hello Perle,

You are right but about american pearls I was told abalone was from east Coast and quahog from west Atlantic coast, New England, is it ?

A Game 8

Hello Perle,

You are right but about american pearls I was told abalone was from east Coast and quahog from west Atlantic coast, New England, is it ?

Hi CliClasp,

We would say that states like California are on the "West Coast" (Pacific), whereas New England is on the "East Coast" (Atlantic). The East Coast still has a lot of chilly weather, whereas parts of the West Coast are already well into Spring!

Perle

CLICLASP said:
A Game 8

Hello Perle,

Nope, New England or the Atlantic coast is East. Either that or I've been living on the West coast without even realizing it. That means my clock is wrong! Maybe that's why I'm always fashionably (very)late.

Slraep

Game 4:

I would say the mabe is an Abalone one, is not it?
And the stones are saffiers.

Answer Game 4:

I would say the mabe is an Abalone one, is not it?
And the stones are saffiers.

Hi Olmander

It is a Kasumi pearl with a Sea of Cortez Mabe hang from a Tanzanite double strand

:)

Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous collection and making a game for us at the same time! :cool: Rare treasures!

What a collection! Just a guess:

Game 2: white pearls are Chinese freshwater keishi

Game 3: tooth shape pearls are Japanese Akoya keishi,

Game 5: left are Chinese fireballs, right are Kasumi

Game 6: is that drusy Psilomelane or dyed onyx drusy? Is that a clasp?

Game 7: left are tissue nucleated rosebud or popcorn pearls, right are bead nucleated?

Game 9: ??

I haven't taken a final exam for a while:) Feel free to show more in the future!

Cheers,
Pernula

Answers
What a collection! Just a guess:

Game 2: white pearls are Chinese freshwater keishi

Game 3: tooth shape pearls are Japanese Akoya keishi,

Game 5: left are Chinese fireballs, right are Kasumi

Game 6: is that drusy Psilomelane or dyed onyx drusy? Is that a clasp?

Game 7: left are tissue nucleated rosebud or popcorn pearls, right are bead nucleated?

Game 9: ??

I haven't taken a final exam for a while:) Feel free to show more in the future!

Cheers,
Pernula

Hi Pernula,
yes, you've taken you exam :)
games 2 - 3 - 5 - 7 : Yes, you are right !
game 6 : It is an azurite drusy interchangeable clasp of specific shape of mine declined in many drusy stones that match the pearl necklaces specially fitted for,

Game 6 and 9 :
still waiting for a proposal of origin of pearls,
Who want to play again ??;)

Cheers

Nope, New England or the Atlantic coast is East. Either that or I've been living on the West coast without even realizing it. That means my clock is wrong! Maybe that's why I'm always fashionably (very)late.

Slraep

Hi Slaerp,

thanks for helping me find my way ? I went to Florida, miss to go to California, that's maybe why :cool:
So you won : play again about pending answers ? 6 - 9 ;)

Thanks for your participation

Game 6
Here are seeds

the silvery white, where are they said to be from ? China, Japan, South seas ?

and the golden ones, good luck if you know if they are Indonesia or Philippin from ....:cool:

It?s just a guess: the silvery white ones: China.

The golden ones could be from Indonesia.:eek:

Game 9

last but no the least

Where are these beauties from ?? :p

thanks for being patient and your interest, hope you enjoyed

now I start to reply, all comments are welcome

the pearls on the chain are probably South Sea, well the pendant looks like an Abalone but if the species is Haliotis from New Zealnd or some other place outside Australia, i have no idea!:confused:

This pendant is really tricky: I am beginning to think of a Pteria sterna (the winged pearl oyster) mabe. Could it be?

Answer 6 : seeds
It?s just a guess: the silvery white ones: China.

The golden ones could be from Indonesia.:eek:

Hi Jerin

the white ones are said to be Akoya
the golden ones, really cannot say if Indonesia or Philippin from,
sorry w'll never know:(

Thanks for playing

Answer game 9

the pearls on the chain are probably South Sea, well the pendant looks like an Abalone but if the species is Haliotis from New Zealnd or some other place outside Australia, i have no idea!:confused:

This pendant is really tricky: I am beginning to think of a Pteria sterna (the winged pearl oyster) mabe. Could it be?

Hello

Sorry but you are very far, thousand kilometers from the shell...:p
The Abalone is Game 8
The Pteria Sterna is game 4 in mabe shape

Who wants to try ???

I think it is Chinese freshwater pearl in the pendant in Game 9.

Pernula

Game 9

I think it is Chinese freshwater pearl in the pendant in Game 9.

Pernula

Hi Pernula

You are right only for the little ones on the chain

but under the stone -(it is an ametrin) What can it be ?

play again...

:cool:

Well, it is very hard to tell the color with the lighting and the gold setting, but American freshwater pearl can have a cream-gold look, could that be it?

Pernula

Back