Princess Margaret's Pearls at auction

M

mikkimoto

Some of the items in the estate of Princess Margaret will be at auction in June at Christie's London. Among the highlights are a favored art deco pearl and diamond necklace.

Even if you can't afford the pounds and pence, if in London, the auction previews are usually free and some of the jewelry is outstanding -check out the tiara she wore at her wedding.

If not in London - here's an article with some images in my fav ezine.

http://www.iatwm.com/200605/PrincessMargaretJewelry/index.html

Title: An Art Deco Pearl and Diamond Necklace
Comprising five graduated rows of pearls to the vari-cut bombe plaque clasp, mounted in platinum, circa 1925, 39.0 cm. long, in fitted green leather Asprey & Co. Ltd. case, the lid embossed with a gold ‘M’ monogram beneath crown
Estimate: ?15,000-20,000
Image Courtesy: Christie's Images LTD 2006

I love the variation in color in the pearls in this necklace, and the variation shapes clearly visible even in a smallish photo. Now there are some "natural" pearl shapes to study, if you are so inclined.

Last edited:
Stock up now on your quality CFWP and your favorite fashion pearls- When they get rid of the tonnage at the major shows, the prices will go up.

Beading is a major craft now and CFWP in all their blatant, dyed colors and poorly nucleated odd shapes, and the standard non-nucleated rice and potato shapes, nuggets and buttons, are still growing in popularity.

Anyone can wear fashion jewelry made from CFWP and even have as many necklaces as one might have pairs of shoes. Or in an earlier day, hats!

Hi Caitlyn,

I agree prices here in Windsor, have already gone up a bit..... I have yet to make it to a show to get really good ones, and in mass quantity of what I need for some major projects......

If anyone is interested I have a yahoo 360 BASIC site I am new to this kind of thing... please PM me and I will send an Invite.... Not much is there yet... but I do have pics up of some of the a garb and basic pearl jewelry I do..... I am always open to suggestions and Ides ti learnd new stuff and better inprove what I already can do!

Cheers

Ash

Back