PearlsOnly.co.uk problems

mike_t_online

Hi guys, I just wanted to shout out a word of warning about pearlsonly.co.uk / pearlsonly.com ; has anyone else had any problems with them?

I ordered some pearls for as my wife's christmas present, and was glad to see they had "guaranteed christmas eve delivery" - needless to say, they didn't arrive till almost new year! *not impressed* - I would've just bought them on the high street otherwise. Pretty disappointing & their customer service hasn't been helpful either.

Mike

Hi Mike
I am sorry you had problems with their delivery by Christmas promise. What problems have you had with customer service? How are the pearls?

I just looked at their site. They seem to be a franchise. They pay people an 8% commission for selling their pearls.
http://www.pearlsonly.com/affiliate-program/

They are headquartered in Houston, but have affiliates in several other countries. Your person no doubt did not have the goods, but was selling for a company that did, who then shipped it out. Kind of like selling Avon, I guess. Probably a good reason to find a company that does their own business from scratch and actually possesses the goods when someone buys them.

I just answered another post with a variation on this same story. It looks like Big Companies, probably often Chinese, are setting up little franchises where the pearls and websites are set up by the company and the "Owner" of the franchise must market and sell the product. Sometimes they find us and invite us to look at their website. We do, and often there are stolen photos from legitimate pearl sellers at which point we tell them so and they say they had no idea about stolen photos- the "factory" supplied them along with the pearls and the website itself.

Last edited:
posted on behalf of Paul Lepa, CEO, PearlsOnly Group

Dar Mike,

I've just come across this posting and wanted to reach out to you. We have thousands of orders in the last few weeks of the year, and much of our delivery depends on the weather, delivery companies, etc. During peak time, we ship our orders, around the clock, but as with most e-commerce companies, the delivery portion is something outside of our control (although we wish it wasn't). Our Customer Care team tries their best, but in cases where weather or otherwise gets in the way they are not able to get around that. I'm very sorry this has happened to you and that your order didn't make it in time. Please reach out to me, by contacting our Customer Care team in the UK, and they will connect with you directly to ensure that despite this delay we where somehow able to salve this issue.

Paul Lepa, CEO, PearlsOnly Group

Hi Caitlin:

As the CEO of PearlsOnly family of companies, I would like to thank you for looking over our site. I would like to share with you that PearlsOnly.co.uk is part of PearlsOnly Group websites, where we hand make, inspect, ship every single one of our products from one of our company's shipping centers.

I can certainly relate to your story about 'stolen photos' and pearl websites that don't touch the product and use another company to ship for them - we have our share of those infringing on our copyrights. There is certainly many of them.

In the PearlsOnly Group, we don't drop ship or supply any other websites except only our own sites - www.PearlsOnly.com, www.PearlsOnly.co.uk, www.PearlsOnly.com.au, www.PearlsOnly.de, www.PearlsOnly.jp and www.PearlsOnly.ca - as you can see our own websites keep us plenty busy. The affiliate program you are referring to, is a method for blogs and article sites to promote our websites, and to receive a small finders fee for their effort - and it has nothing to do with shipping or order fulfilment. In fact, an excellent gauge to find a web site that manufactures their own product, is the one that is offering an affiliate program - its means they are very down stream and have the margins to support it. Anyone that is drop shipping, cannot offer this, since they don't have any margin left. If you look in the UK market and US market, you will only see one or two sites that actually offer an affiliate program - those are the guys that make their own stuff. ;)

Paul Lepa, CEO, PearlsOnly Group

Last edited:
Back