Pearl Pendants - What's IN & What's OUT

V

Valeria101

There's already a thread like this about rings. It needed a brother!

Besides, I didn't know how to post about a certain 'WOW' object (below). What do you think of it? I'd like to imagine that the large drops are hanging from seed pearl 'threads'... could be wishful thinking.

seedsanddropsws4.png

Reminds me of a photo from my website!

south_sea_pearls.jpg

Great minds think alike???;)

In a similar vein, I didn't have quite enough of these oval FW for a bracelet (and besides, I prefer necklaces anyway), so I went the seed pearl route as well:

seedpearlsnecklace.jpg

Okay, mine doesn't quite fall in the pendant category (oops) - The triple strands are cool, though.

Valeria101 said:
There's already a thread like this about rings. It needed a brother!

Besides, I didn't know how to post about a certain 'WOW' object (below). What do you think of it? I'd like to imagine that the large drops are hanging from seed pearl 'threads'... could be wishful thinking.

[After several years of lurking, this is my first post. All of the wonderful information on this site helped me to become an informed consumer. Now, thanks to Jeremy at Pearl Paradise, I have the pearl suite of which I've always dreamt--and surprise--they're not the akoyas I always thought they'd be! This pearl buying is an insidious disease; I've not had Jeremy's pearls for a week and I've already purchased a pair of black studs from Terry at The Pearl Outlet. Those Shepherd boys are a right menace :) ]

But as for Valeria's question, this piece is lovely and has a marvelous period look to it. Given my fondness for 'transformer' jewelry, I'd like it constructed as separate pieces that could be worn in various configurations.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi Webdancer,

So what period Look are you thinking? I hear and read teh word Period and think 1600 and before This is a great look how about earrings to match???
cheers

Ash

Greetings Ash,

You're speaking my language on the period, I admit I was thinking in the neighbourhood of the 1560s (in part because I could imagine it with some of my garb for that period :). And matching earrings? Mais oui!

Cheers,

Webdancer,

I have yet to see anything like that, Multiple necklaces with drops there are many "Italian Ren" dresses with single Drops on only one necklace... I can picture and the Pearl is always HUGE and yummy!!!!

If you have seen anything like this or know of any PLEASE share I am always looking for more "period Proof of wearign pearls other than late period" for my Pearl adorment case and am more than willing to share information as well! After all isn't that Why we play the Re-enactor game to learn and share... :D

However I can most definately see this kind of necklace multiple gold chains with a pearl drop on each length on just the "right" court dress as the accent piece will be absolutely stunning. What region are you thinking??? Maybe early mid 1500's would be perfect Florentine or Venetain perhaps? Oh a well off Romam lady as well... a gown where ton the " bare neck" may give the best Showcase of the Piece and Flow into the garment???

What persona era dress do you prefer???? Okay now I am babbling but I do not get to accent many on pearls its still a huge no no and only a later period thing only... BUT Its Pearls... and I love to chat with other re-enacters.

Would love to chat more! Write anytime!

Cheers
Ash/Satine

Last edited by a moderator:
Satine De La Courcel said:
Webdancer,

I have yet to see anything like that, Multiple necklaces with drops...

Same here. Despite just about every pearl shop displaying their pendants in similar manner (like the stand from GemGheek)!

Wonder if 16-17mm drops would look decent strung like that... The one sin the photo look HUGE.

Moving on:

Something completely surreal... like most Zobel pieces

292.jpg

Go down the LINK for a detailed picture. There are some pearls involved, just really unusual!

Last edited by a moderator:
Valeria101 said:
Same here. Despite just about every pearl shop displaying their pendants in similar manner (like the stand from GemGheek)!

Wonder if 16-17mm drops would look decent strung like that... The one sin the photo look HUGE.

Moving on:

Something completely surreal... like most Zobel pieces

292.jpg

Go down the LINK for a detailed picture. There are some pearls involved, just really unusual!

Valeria,
I like it VERY VERY much!:)

Amazing!!! Especially loved the extreme closeup feature, which made it possible to see the diamonds in the field of aqua.:)

Hello Ash,

Yes, it does look like a good fit for Italian Ren (I can so see Venetian). I think you're spot on about the drops on chain (or strands of larger pearls).

No, I've not seen or heard of anything specific that you can use to bolster your case for pearls, but if I run across anything, I'll be sure to pm you (I'm happy to do my bit for the pearl!)

The only garb I actually have is Elizabethan, but I also love French fashions of the early to mid 1600s, mid to late 1700s, and Tudor--along with many other periods (I like a well done sideless surcote as well as a Regency frock).

We absolutely must chat off-list; I don't get to talk with many re-enactors. Are you SCA?

Cheers,

Ewe.... Yuck! Not at all my cup of tea!!! I do not like the Big pendant thing its too Big and Ostentatious for my tastes, remids me of something from the 70's Movie Logan's Run the thing that shoots anyone over 30.

Sure Webdancer, PM Me anytime so we can chat..

Cheers

It is quite large alright; can't know the precise size but the beryl should be around 2.5cm wide methinks... I am afraid I d not have the same image of the 70s :p

It was the 'rain' of minuscule keshi that fired my imagination...Love those tassels, this seems like an inspired modern interpretation. Earrings maybe? ;) I'd put that photo through the Photoshop chop if it wasn't Zobel :rolleyes: He's intimidating!

What is your favorite wearable necklace, Caitlin?

Valeria,

I was a child in the 70's and a teen in the 80's so even I do not understand where my brain comes up with this stuff.. it just pops in there... I remember teh oddest stuff at times....

A small version in earrunings for someone who is wearign their hair in an "Updo" would be fun!!!

Yes Caitlyn what is your fave????

cheers

Ash

Talk about staying style power! ;)

What could possibly these two women have in common but their taste in pearls? (well, so to speak) LOL!

pearlchokersyl8.png

Back