Newbie Seller of Philippine SSP Needs Help

greatpearls

Hi Pearl Experts and Fanatics!

I am new to this site and I am just loving it.... :) You can find all the pearl info you need in this site.

Anyway, I need some guidance from you honest experts on how I could start selling pearls here in the United States. I am no pearl expert but I have the connections to get very nice Philippine South Sea Pearls for a good price.

Me and my wife just started selling South Sea Pearls to our friends, co-workers and referals here in the United States for about 3 weeks and so far business was great. We would like to expand our market by selling online in ebay. However it is hard to gain the trust of people in ebay because of all the fake cheap pearls people are selling there. Are there any tips or advises you can share with me?

We also want to find out what types of South Sea Pearls have a high demand (shape, earrings, necklaces, loose, etc.) Based on our experience we were able to sell the button shaped stud earrings faster because of its lower sale value compared to the round south sea pearl earrings. Is this true or maybe its just my current market?

We still have 2 pairs of round South Sea pearls(13mm and 15mm), 2 pairs of 11mm button shaped pearls and a set of baroque choker and bracelet that we need to sell. Currently I am trying to sell one of the button shaped earrings in ebay but I'm not sure if I'll be able to sell it because I don't have the trust of the people yet.

I have another batch of pearls coming in 2 weeks and I'm running out of customers.... :(

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
greatpearls:cool:

p.s.
If anyone is interested in seeing the pearls I have, please feel free to send me a private message or email me at greatpearls@yahoo.com THANKS!!!:)

Last edited:
Golden South Sea Pearls

Golden South Sea Pearls

Hi,

it would be quite helpful if You could post photos of the pearls You have. Then we could see the colour, shape and if someone is interested, she/he could email You.

For more general advice and prices see Pearlparadise.com and The Pearl Outlet.com.

Good luck!

I just saw a couple of photos on "Show us Your pearls". Are You selling white and golden SS or just the white ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back