Natural Color?

pearlkrazy

I purchased 48" rope of natural colored silver baroque akoyas from an ebay seller. The price was low, so I decided to take a gamble. I was pleasantly surprised, the pearls are gorgeous! Maybe I am looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I wonder if the color is really natural or if they have been treated. They appear very aqua in certain lighting & have a very strong orient with pink & green overtones. I'm not complaining, but I don't have much experience with this type of pearl & I'm wondering if the colors are naturally this strong. Please take a look & tell me what you think. Either way I'm happy with them, just curious!

baroqueakoya.jpg

neck.jpg

Hi Pearlkrazy,

they most certainly look to be natural coloured Akoyas! Lovely orient and the colour in itself does look like the ones we got from Jeremy last year!

Congratulations on this beautiful strand! Would you mind telling us the seller?

The seller is Allure Collection/Pearl Society. I think there are a few different threads discussing them. I've bought from them a couple of times with good results. I've found the pictures are of the actual item & accurate, but I generally ignore their written descriptions. In my opinion their "buy it now" prices are nothing special & I'd certainly rather buy from one of the dealers on here in that price range, but occasionally you can get a pretty good deal on an auction item.

Very fun strand! Love the baroque, lovely color on you too!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

They look great! Good purchase!

colors

colors

Hi,

The colors are so pretty. It looks very nice on you. Enjoy!

They look lovely! I bought a baroque Akoya 18" natural colored strand from them about a year ago myself and they look very comparable with great orient (a shorter strand, though). I also own a strand from one of the sellers on this site and the two strands are quite similar. Like you, I find their pearls to match their photos quite well.

Your skintone makes the color of those pearls pop! Beautiful! Goes to show how important it is to try on pearls, particularly if one is making a significant purchase. I have a very pretty iridescent pink kasumi pendant that looks gorgeous in the box, but rather drab on my skin...whereas your skin brings those akoyas to full, scintillating life.

Sheri

i agree with sheri that it looks nice on your skin tone. Very pretty!

Hi
I tried to search for this seller and ebay just keeps insisting that multiple seller IDs are not permitted - do you have a link?
thanks

Back