my untreated natural color findings

It's kinda funny :)
Earlier this week I was looking at this

http://tinyurl.com/2o3gzt

and was thinking wow nice pearls but I don't think I would risk spending this amount with someone I never heard of. Than I was thinking Hmm, I wonder what kind of offer he would take, I've heard Chinese like to bargain:D
Then today I see these posts on the forum.
it's a small world :)

Alain

P.S. http://tinyurl.com is a site where you can copy/paste those huge url's you get and they create a nice and small one for you to use in your postings.

Is it ok if I respectfully decline to endorse Pearllunar at this time? I took a look at their website and a couple of things bother me. 1) the pearls they advertise as round, aren't round, and actually go into the decidedly potato realm. Pearl shapes are really pronounced when they are knotted. On a temporary strand, it's not so evident. So, I think he's a bit deceptive when he prices for round, but doesn't deliver round.

2) The strand finishing treatments aren't professional. Again, if you're paying for the good stuff, you should get the good stuff. What he's lacking in professionally finishing the strand is such a small, small cost of doing business, that I wonder why he even cuts this corner at all. There's too much stress on the silk and it will wear quicker than it should. It indicates a definite lack of attention to detail. We work too hard for our money for our customer loyalties to be treated with such lack of attention.

The other shapes look good. I would definitely consider an oval shape from him. But then again, why when the shipping is so expensive and apparently their customer service responses aren't what we'd like.

No, my jury is still out on this supplier. I'd love some more feedback!

knotty panda said:
Is it ok if I respectfully decline to endorse Pearllunar at this time? I took a look at their website and a couple of things bother me. 1) the pearls they advertise as round, aren't round, and actually go into the decidedly potato realm. Pearl shapes are really pronounced when they are knotted. On a temporary strand, it's not so evident. So, I think he's a bit deceptive when he prices for round, but doesn't deliver round.

2) The strand finishing treatments aren't professional. Again, if you're paying for the good stuff, you should get the good stuff. What he's lacking in professionally finishing the strand is such a small, small cost of doing business, that I wonder why he even cuts this corner at all. There's too much stress on the silk and it will wear quicker than it should. It indicates a definite lack of attention to detail. We work too hard for our money for our customer loyalties to be treated with such lack of attention.

The other shapes look good. I would definitely consider an oval shape from him. But then again, why when the shipping is so expensive and apparently their customer service responses aren't what we'd like.

No, my jury is still out on this supplier. I'd love some more feedback!

I'm not endorsing them myself neither ! I think that I was lucky getting what I imagined that I bought... If I would want to buy quality pearls, professionally finished, I wouldn't buy that from ebay. I would shop at one of the stores of our friends from this forum. I wanted pearls for my beading project, I wanted them certain quality and I knew how much I'm willing to pay for them. I am happy with my purchase and all I wanted to say on this forum is: if you like taking risks, ebay is not all that bad.... be realistic in your expectations and you might get some decent pearls there.

Another little note: I'm located in Canada. I pay for shipping from States, from reputable dealers in average 25.00$. To me 16.00$ is not so high, I would even say it looks attractive ! When I receive "beads" from China I have no duty / taxes to pay, when a package comes from USA via FedEx, there is always an additional "price to pay"...... additional about 20-30% of the value of the merchandise.... It's pure "economics" that makes me brave enough to shop on ebay from China.

Hi all

The pearls have lovely colors, but I agree with the panda, the strand is poor quality in its finishing touches, like gimp and a decent clasp. That clasp is all cut out to save weight, thus money. I also do not like the big knot after the first pearl and in the final picture. There appears to be some glue on that big knot. If that is the going price for slightly off round, but very pretty natural 9-10 pearls, it is priced out of my range... :eek:

attachment.php

Hi Caitlin,

To me, row 3 & 4 from the bottom shows round pearls. Those are ones I bought as rounds. Row 5 & 6 are off round. It's a different string that I paid 50 $ for. They are also 9-10mm, but sold and delivered as button / bread shape. I don't see any off roundness in necklace that was advertised as round. Do you ?? Please, do point to me where. I'm on this forum to learn and I realize that I still have a long way to go....
You are right about the knot !! Ugly, but easily fixable.....

Hi Ivona
I thought there were a couple of slightly eggy shapes in least one of the ebay necklace pictures. In others, they all looked round, though round is not one of my criteria and never was, price is my main criteria and those are out of my range.

I am glad to see it, because I think CFWP were way underpriced and in some ways, still are. My days of finding inexpensive bargains is passing and short of another epidemic scaring people away from China for a year or so, I do not see any more of the fab bargains once available.

Ivona: I'm afraid I've offended you inadvertently again! I do apologize! No, I didn't see anything in your strands that would put me off, but in his website, I did some things. I just think whoever purchases from him should be a wise consumer which you obviously are. His really expensive items on the website look fine, but as the price goes down, so do the finishes, and like I said, that's such a small part of doing business, there's really no need to sacrifice the finishes. I still love your natural colored pearls. One day .....

Back