Loose drilled vintage pearls

Normalou

This is a necklace I found.I love it It didn't matter how. Much wear is visible. I just don't know if it's genuine natural. Mixed sizes.

Attachments

• photo69541.jpg
    photo69541.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 44
  • photo69542.jpg
    photo69542.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 40
The question is more if they are real pearls or fake pearls. Do they feel gritty if you rub them gently against each other? (that would indicate real pearls). If you have a loop, you can study the surface. Real pearls look smooth and fake pearls look less smooth.
Do they have any blemishes? If so, it can be helpful if you can take a closeup of them. Maybe also a closeup of where it's worn. If anything is peeling off, that would indicate them being fake pearls.
Some of the pearls look a bit egg-shaped in the picture. That would indicate freshwater pearls in which case they will be dyed but they may not look egg-shaped when you see them.
The clasp looks like cheap base metal which would point towards them being fake. Do you know if it's real gold or something else?

- Karin

I saw a "flaked" spot on the first photo. To me it is evidence this is a faux perles necklace.
It doesn't diminish the fact you love it...but I agree with KarinK

Everyone is so awesome helping me! I have rub the against other real pearls and there is resistance with my baroque pearls. I will be posting my collection. I need to know about two larger pearls they have everything In my list that tells me there real but I want to know what type. Thank you all!

There are many tricks to learn Normalou :) and his forum is just the place to learn about them.
Welcome again!

Back