Freshadama Overtones

Phantompep

I ordered a 22-inch strand of 8-9mm Freshadama's with silver/rose overtones. Just received the pearls and they are beautiful! However, I am a little disappointed in the lack of rose in the strand. I am not sure I even know what to expect with silver/rose overtone. I would be interested in hearing what others have seen with the silver/rose color. I took some pictures tonight, but they are too dark to post. Not to mention I do not know how to post pictures. If someone would PM me instructions, I'll try to post pics tomorrow. Thanks for any advice!!!

Donna

I ordered a 22-inch strand of 8-9mm Freshadama's with silver/rose overtones. Just received the pearls and they are beautiful! However, I am a little disappointed in the lack of rose in the strand. I am not sure I even know what to expect with silver/rose overtone. I would be interested in hearing what others have seen with the silver/rose color. I took some pictures tonight, but they are too dark to post. Not to mention I do not know how to post pictures. If someone would PM me instructions, I'll try to post pics tomorrow. Thanks for any advice!!!

Donna

Hi, just to clarify - did you order rose or silver overtones, or both?

If you are familiar with akoyas, the rose is not as strong as akoya rose tones. Akoyas are pinked. I quite like the silver myself. It makes the body look whiter.

Hi Airdancer,

When I ordered the strand I couldn't decide whether to go with silver or rose. After speaking with Natalie at PP, she suggested I get the silver with a rose overtone. She mentioned that this is the color of Hanadamas. I like the crispness of the silver - but I really don't see any rose in the pearls. It's difficult when you do not have others strands for comparison.

May I suggest you lay the pearls out on a white or light color cloth napkin or paper towel where you can observe them frequently during the day as the light changes. You may see the subtle colors better then. I find many of my pearls show their "colors" much better in dimmer, indirect light, as opposed to very bright direct light. I look forward to seeing photos also! I LOVE the length you ordered!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Pattye is really right about that dimmer light thing. I don't understand it, but it's true. It's like they are backlit and the colors are more visible.

Yes, definitely Pattye is right. Leave the pearls laid out where you can look at them often and you will see the pearls come to life.
And I totally agree about the dim light thing - all of my pearls are at their amazing best in the evening light of dusk.
The iridescence really sings at this time of day.

It is also helpful to put it next to other white strands (e.g.somewhere in a nearby shop).

I remember that when I was buying my Akoya strand, it was lying next to several FW strands and the rose overtone seemed to be quite pronounced then. But now, when I have it at home, I don't always see the overtone, it indeed depends on the light and your clothes colour.

Back