Dyed but South Sea?

Adding some pics from my collection as reference. The strand is of Japan Kasumi pearls selected by Sarah for this Top Harvest 2019 strand. Sarah would regularly travel to the farms in Japan to personally hand select the Kasumi pearls for their business. The pendant is an Edison pearl Jeremy selected from the Grace Pearl showcase. The studs are metallic freshwater pearls that could easily be mislabeled as either Kasumi or more commonly, Edison pearls, by some vendors. Something to watch for are pearls called ”Kasumi-like”. They are not Kasumi pearls. Another brand name is “Kasumiga”. These are not from Lake Kasumi, and are Chinese freshwater pearls. Edison Pearls are more frequently misrepresented. Edison pearls are only from Grace Pearl. Chinese freshwater pearls are very commonly called Edison pearls. They can be equally beautiful and very reasonably priced, but in a way, calling them Edison pearls is kind of like calling all Akoya “Mikimoto”.
The strand is of Japan Kasumi pearls selected by Sarah for this Top Harvest 2019 strand. The pendant is an Edison pearl Jeremy selected from the Grace Pearl showcase. The studs are metallic freshwater pearls that could easily be mislabeled as either Kasumi or more commonly, Edison pearls, by some vendors.

This photo is of the baroque shapes of Japan Kasumi pearls in the strand, and the smooth Japan Kasumi in the ring.
baroque shapes of Japan Kasumi pearls in the strand, and the smooth Japan Kasumi in the ring

JEG commented: "Adding some pics from my collection as reference. The strand is of Japan Kasumi pearls selected by Sarah for this Top Harvest 2019 strand. Sarah would regularly travel to the farms in Japan to personally hand select the Kasumi pearls for their business. The pendant is an Edison pearl Jeremy selected from the Grace Pearl showcase. The studs are metallic freshwater pearls that could easily be mislabeled as either Kasumi or more commonly, Edison pearls, by some vendors. Something to watch for are pearls called ”Kasumi-like”. They are not Kasumi pearls. Another brand name is “Kasumiga”. These are not from Lake Kasumi, and are Chinese freshwater pearls. Edison Pearls are more frequently misrepresented. Edison pearls are only from Grace Pearl. Chinese freshwater pearls are very commonly called Edison pearls. They can be equally beautiful and very reasonably priced, but in a way, calling them Edison pearls is kind of like calling all Akoya “Mikimoto”.

So much to learn...that's why I love this forum. So above, I guess, these are Chinese Freshwater...that the Chinese call Edison.

Adding some pics from my collection as reference. The strand is of Japan Kasumi pearls selected by Sarah for this Top Harvest 2019 strand. Sarah would regularly travel to the farms in Japan to personally hand select the Kasumi pearls for their business. The pendant is an Edison pearl Jeremy selected from the Grace Pearl showcase. The studs are metallic freshwater pearls that could easily be mislabeled as either Kasumi or more commonly, Edison pearls, by some vendors. Something to watch for are pearls called ”Kasumi-like”. They are not Kasumi pearls. Another brand name is “Kasumiga”. These are not from Lake Kasumi, and are Chinese freshwater pearls. Edison Pearls are more frequently misrepresented. Edison pearls are only from Grace Pearl. Chinese freshwater pearls are very commonly called Edison pearls. They can be equally beautiful and very reasonably priced, but in a way, calling them Edison pearls is kind of like calling all Akoya “Mikimoto”.
View attachment 462791

This photo is of the baroque shapes of Japan Kasumi pearls in the strand, and the smooth Japan Kasumi in the ring.
View attachment 462792
Thank you...I always learn so much from you. AND I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing your vast and beautiful collection.

Thank you, MOPTrumpet! Cees, from Amsterdam Pearls, has long lobbied for the proper use of the term Edison Pearls. I appreciate that. I feel strongly about the misuse of the Kasumi name. The 3 farmers in Japan create these beautiful pearls as a labor of love. I am really just a collector and appreciate all pearls. I am drawn to whatever catches my eye. I leave all the intricate knowledge of pearls for the others. It all makes my head spin. o_O Hmmm, can’t find the exploding head emoji.

Back